HOUSTON – Dortha Jeanette Summerall Scott, 82, died Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital. She was born March 17. 1932, in Webster County to Willie J. Summerall and Ina Logan Summerall. She was a member of Southside Church of Christ. Services will be at 1 p.m. Friday, May 30, at Memorial Funeral Home […]
Tag Archives | Tommy
GOLDEN – Thomas Allen “Tommy” Zettler, beloved husband, father and grandfather, died on Thursday, Jan. 9, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a long battle with cancer. In his last days, Tommy celebrated with his family as he marked his 74th birthday and his 51st wedding anniversary to his devoted wife, Phyllis. And as he […]
FORT MYERS, Fla. – Claude Elon “Tommy” Thomas, 95, died Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013, at his home. A husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather, he was born in Houlka on Oct. 28, 1917, the son of Claude E. Thomas Sr. and Clara Brown. He attended Drawn Business College in Memphis until World War II was declared. […]
OKOLONA – Town Marshal Willie C. Moore, Jr. will be paid what the former police chief was paid following the threat of a lawsuit and a vote last week. Moore told the board he had hired a lawyer and was prepared to take the city to court if they didn’t pay him at the same […]
HOUSTON – A few minutes with Tommy Skelton and you realize there is more to this business than martial arts, but it takes a while to figure it out. Sho Kon Ryu is the style and there are many throws, strikes and moves found in traditional martial arts. It’s a style developed by Skelton over […]
BANNER – Thomas Ray “Tommy” Shafer, 58, died Friday, Aug. 2, 2013, at his sister’s residence. He was born May 14, 1955, in Lebanon, Tenn., to Thomas Robert Shafer and Jean Shafer Freeman. He was a member of Pontotoc Church of Christ. He worked in sales for many years and was a self-employed painter until […]
WEST POINT – Tommy L. Rushing, 75, passed away on Sunday, April 21, 2013, at Community Hospice at Darlington Oaks in Verona. He was born Oct. 18, 1937, in Cleveland to Ora Rebecca Burgess and William Tommy Rushing. He worked in janitorial for the Blazon Tube Corporation for 25 years. He was of the Pentecostal […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County Justice Court Judge Garry Turner accepted four not guilty pleas from Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson Thursday and will now set a court date. Robertson, who did not appear in Justice Court, was represented by her attorney Ed Lancaster who entered the not guilty pleas to DUI, speeding, failure to […]
HOUSTON – The Mississippi Highway Patrol has filed formal paperwork and citations in Chickasaw County Justice Court to bring four charges against Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson. Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth cleared the way for charges of possession of a controlled substance, driving under the influence, speeding and failing to comply with a […]
- Nineteen arrested as part of Itawamba County drug roundup July 15, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it July 19, 2014
- VanCleave celebrates 105th birthday July 19, 2014
- Williams graduates USAF basic training July 20, 2014
- REV. DARRICK WHITFIELD: Praising God is what I do July 20, 2014
- Natchez Trace has $139M impact July 22, 2014
- Houston man arrested for rustling July 22, 2014
- MDOT changes weight limits on county bridges July 22, 2014
- Taking their game on the road July 22, 2014
- Aldermen mull vendor permits July 22, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...