HOUSTON – Dortha Jeanette Summerall Scott, 82, died Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital. She was born March 17. 1932, in Webster County to Willie J. Summerall and Ina Logan Summerall. She was a member of Southside Church of Christ. Services will be at 1 p.m. Friday, May 30, at Memorial Funeral Home […]
Tag Archives | Tommy
GOLDEN – Thomas Allen “Tommy” Zettler, beloved husband, father and grandfather, died on Thursday, Jan. 9, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a long battle with cancer. In his last days, Tommy celebrated with his family as he marked his 74th birthday and his 51st wedding anniversary to his devoted wife, Phyllis. And as he […]
FORT MYERS, Fla. – Claude Elon “Tommy” Thomas, 95, died Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013, at his home. A husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather, he was born in Houlka on Oct. 28, 1917, the son of Claude E. Thomas Sr. and Clara Brown. He attended Drawn Business College in Memphis until World War II was declared. […]
OKOLONA – Town Marshal Willie C. Moore, Jr. will be paid what the former police chief was paid following the threat of a lawsuit and a vote last week. Moore told the board he had hired a lawyer and was prepared to take the city to court if they didn’t pay him at the same […]
HOUSTON – A few minutes with Tommy Skelton and you realize there is more to this business than martial arts, but it takes a while to figure it out. Sho Kon Ryu is the style and there are many throws, strikes and moves found in traditional martial arts. It’s a style developed by Skelton over […]
BANNER – Thomas Ray “Tommy” Shafer, 58, died Friday, Aug. 2, 2013, at his sister’s residence. He was born May 14, 1955, in Lebanon, Tenn., to Thomas Robert Shafer and Jean Shafer Freeman. He was a member of Pontotoc Church of Christ. He worked in sales for many years and was a self-employed painter until […]
WEST POINT – Tommy L. Rushing, 75, passed away on Sunday, April 21, 2013, at Community Hospice at Darlington Oaks in Verona. He was born Oct. 18, 1937, in Cleveland to Ora Rebecca Burgess and William Tommy Rushing. He worked in janitorial for the Blazon Tube Corporation for 25 years. He was of the Pentecostal […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County Justice Court Judge Garry Turner accepted four not guilty pleas from Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson Thursday and will now set a court date. Robertson, who did not appear in Justice Court, was represented by her attorney Ed Lancaster who entered the not guilty pleas to DUI, speeding, failure to […]
HOUSTON – The Mississippi Highway Patrol has filed formal paperwork and citations in Chickasaw County Justice Court to bring four charges against Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson. Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth cleared the way for charges of possession of a controlled substance, driving under the influence, speeding and failing to comply with a […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...