By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – An exhaustive recount Wednesday morning Aug. 12, saw a proposed tourism tax vote go from a one-vote lead on Tuesday night to a two-vote loss on Wednesday afternoon. Complete but unapproved totals show 335 ballots cast for the 1-percent tax to 229 voting against it. A total […]
Tag Archives | Tomey
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Initial election results Tuesday night indicate a hotly contested tourism tax vote has passed by one vote. Houston’s proposed tourism tax referendum saw 339 ballots for the 1-percent tax and 225 against it in an election that was fiercely contested by restaurants in the city this summer. The […]
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal ABERDEEN – Motions made Monday by District 5 Supervisor Robert Tomey and seconded by District 4 Supervisor Fulton Ware sealed the deal to bring 100 new jobs to the region. The Monroe County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously Monday on a purchase agreement and an immediate possession contract with […]
HOUSTON – Local McDonald’s® owner-operator Robert Tomey was recently honored by his peers for his investment to upgrade and provide a clean, quality restaurants for his customers. Tomey received the prestigious Place Award at the annual McDonald’s Great Southern Region meeting of the Regional Owner-Operator Association held recently in New Orleans. Tomey, who owns and […]
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- Topper season finale November 26, 2015
- Houlka races past Hilltoppers November 26, 2015
- Okolona test scores improve November 27, 2015
- Chieftains roll over the Panthers November 27, 2015
- WARZELLE GILLESPIE: Thankful for so many, so much November 29, 2015
- MARTY WISEMAN: Where are we in politics? November 29, 2015
- Three Rivers, CDF, LINK honored November 28, 2015
- WEEK 15: High School Football Scores November 28, 2015
- MSU’s Jones was destined for the spotlight November 28, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....