A matter of priority Dear Editor, On Sunday morning, January 19, 2014, the main transformer for the electrical line between my house and my son’s house blew. We each tried contacting the after-hours telephone number for the Okolona City Electrical Department. We were unable to reach anyone. We then tried the Okolona Police Department […]
Tag Archives | to
Shutdown strategy is irresponsible Dear Editor, As Chairman of the Chickasaw County Democratic Executive Committee, I find the strategy of the Republican Party to withhold approval of a budget and threaten to extend the debt ceiling unless the Affordable Health Care Act is rescinded and abolished to be irresponsible. The Affordable Health Care Act was […]
It may be the finest product the Chickasaw Journal publishes, it certainly is the most polished. “Come Home to Chickasaw County,” a magazine produced by your hometown newspaper, can be found inside this week’s edition of the Chickasaw Journal. The cover shows a few of those things we cherish so much in this community – […]
Pull your weight, work for entitlement Dear Editor, The long dreaded automatic spending cuts of the sequester have now taken effect. Yet the sky did not fall despite the ominous warnings of Chicken Little and company. In realty these very modest reductions in government spending are all our elected officials have done to actually […]
- School ratings a shame November 16, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Roof concerns discussed again November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Bruce, MS, Nov. 16, 2014, Greetings, November 23, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- WEEK 14: High school football playoff scores November 22, 2014
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...