CHICKASAW COUNTY – It was a sunny day Wednesday in Chickasaw County as dirt was turned on a new 30-acre, $9 million solar farm south of Okolona. State and local officials gathered for a groundbreaking for Commodore Solar Farm that will see 9,804 solar panels track the Sun and glean enough energy from it to […]
Tag Archives | Three Rivers Planning and Development District
CHICKASAW COUNTY – The opening of the Tanglefoot Trail in mid October was big news across the community and Northeast Mississippi. People gathered in Houston and Houlka Oct. 20, to mark the grand opening of the 44.53-mile trail that stretches from Houston north to New Albany. Ceremonies were also held in Pontotoc, Algoma and […]
PONTOTOC – The Tanglefoot Trail name is being protected against encroachment. The GM&O Rails-to-Trails Recreational District, which owns the 44.53-mile bike-and-pedestrian, Houston-to-New Albany path, last month took steps to become the legal owners of the name and related graphics. The name reflects the name of an early locomotive on the route and hints at […]
David Helms Pontotoc Progress The tentative August 17 opening date for the Tanglefoot Trail has been postponed for at least a few more weeks while the contractor completes last minute work along the 44.5-mile route, which runs from Houston, through Pontotoc, to New Albany. Last week, officials had begun finalizing plans for trail opening ceremonies, […]
- Remembering veterans November 14, 2014
- Calhoun City National Guard debriefed November 17, 2014
- Safe from the storms November 17, 2014
- Keep it quiet! November 18, 2014
- NEMCC softball named NFCA Top 10 academically November 18, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Roof concerns discussed again November 20, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 19, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...