CHICKASAW COUNTY – The opening of the Tanglefoot Trail in mid October was big news across the community and Northeast Mississippi. People gathered in Houston and Houlka Oct. 20, to mark the grand opening of the 44.53-mile trail that stretches from Houston north to New Albany. Ceremonies were also held in Pontotoc, Algoma and […]
Tag Archives | Three Rivers Planning and Development District
PONTOTOC – The Tanglefoot Trail name is being protected against encroachment. The GM&O Rails-to-Trails Recreational District, which owns the 44.53-mile bike-and-pedestrian, Houston-to-New Albany path, last month took steps to become the legal owners of the name and related graphics. The name reflects the name of an early locomotive on the route and hints at […]
David Helms Pontotoc Progress The tentative August 17 opening date for the Tanglefoot Trail has been postponed for at least a few more weeks while the contractor completes last minute work along the 44.5-mile route, which runs from Houston, through Pontotoc, to New Albany. Last week, officials had begun finalizing plans for trail opening ceremonies, […]
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- County revisits dog law October 17, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers stopped by Amory October 23, 2014
- Public wants access to school facilities October 23, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...