HOULKA/HOUSTON – Although the calendar still says it’s winter, spring sports are just around the corner and organizers of youth sports in Houston and Houlka are already preparing for baseball and softball season. Houlka and Houston are both opening registration periods for their respective programs with Houston’s open now and Houlka’s set to open the […]
Tag Archives | Thorn
This week’s Chickasaw Journal newspaper has a fresher, cleaner, more colorful look, and there’s a reason. The newspaper delivered to your door this week is the first full edition of the Chickasaw Journal to come off a new printing press at the production facilities of the Chickasaw Journal in Tupelo. This multi-million dollar […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY — Living in a small county often means local government does business with family and friends of city and county officials and can prompt a perceived conflict of interest. A lawsuit between Ausbern Construction and Chickasaw County for work on a county road last year may have led the county to vote unanimously […]
An Inner Healing Conference at New Wine Fellowship in Houston will be held Jan. 18-20 for teaching and ministering to those who need emotional healing. Pastor Tommy Kelly and Pastor Scott Free invite those who have been abused sexually, physically, emotionally are invited to attend services at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday with personal ministry […]
HOUSTON – Residents of Houston and surrounding counties get used to receiving electricity from Natchez Trace Electric Power Association, but many may not know how far the cooperatives reach is or what their latest improvement projects are. NTEPA General Manager Norma Kilgore, along with System Engineer Shaun Edmondson and Substation Supervisor James Pettit, gave an […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County volunteer firefighters took a break from their busy schedules of work and assisting the community for the annual banquet and awards ceremony Dec. 13. Several members of the VFD were awarded for their service and dedication to the community. Jonathan Gill was a double-award winner, receiving plaques as both the Most […]
January The City of Okolona began drafting new zoning ordinances to regulate the locations of clubs and bars that sell alcohol. Final architect’s plans for rebuilding East Webster High School following the 2011 tornado were approved. Seven scouts in BSA Troop 19 were honored Jan. 29 for achieving the rank of Eagle. Receiving their […]
DERMA – Dwight Barnett died Friday, Dec. 21, 2012, at his home. He was born Oct. 24, 1956, in Vardaman to Milton and Martha Barnett. He was carpenter and electrician, and a member of the Thorn Church of God. He served in the National Guard for nine years. A memorial service will be at 2 […]
- LOCAL FOCUS: Rutherford Chiropractic March 5, 2014
- Senior night March 7, 2014
- All runs come to an end March 7, 2014
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- WINTER JAM: Christian music festival sells out at BancorpSouth Arena March 7, 2014
- Lenten lunches begin Wednesday March 11, 2014
- HOSA students moving on to State March 11, 2014
- Friends of Scouting dinner coming March 11, 2014
- Lady Toppers softball camp March 29 March 11, 2014
- Topper football pictures sought March 11, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...