There have been several stories in your Chickasaw Journal over the past few weeks reporting on crime. The fights two weeks ago, auto burglaries, theft and a crackdown on juveniles in the City of Houston have grabbed the headlines. We want to point out Houston is not in the midst of a crime wave. Okolona, […]
Tag Archives | theft
An Okolona woman has been arrested and charged with identity theft. The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested Saprina Shantel Williams, 25, on Wednesday. Williams is accused of obtaining personal information of another subject and using that information to make several purchases on line. Bond has not been set, and she is currently being held at […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Police Department is cracking down on juvenile crime and parents of kids caught out after curfew will be fined. Houston has a weeknight curfew of 11 p.m., and midnight on weekend. While parents are responsible for any fines imposed by the court for curfew violation, any juvenile who violates the city’s […]
HOUSTON – In the busiest shopping time of the year Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood reminds consumers to shop with caution. “Whether you’re shopping at the mall or online, it is important for consumers to get prepared in order to not only save time and money, but also to avoid scams and identity thieves,” said […]
HOUSTON – This is a season of gifts and giving but there are some who want to take and steal. The Christmas holiday season usually sees an increase in crime as homes and cars fill with gifts and crooks start looking for easy targets to fill out their own Christmas list. “We just urge people […]
Drug cases, sexual assault, sale of counterfeit goods cases disposed of OKOLONA – The July term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court had 73 cases set and disposed of 13 during the two weeks court was held in Okolona. The docket saw 32 drug-related cases set for this term, down from the 36 on the […]
When I sit down to plan my budget at home, I start with the things I cannot avoid paying. The light bill, the phone bill, the water bill, the mortgage – and of course my taxes. It’s the same with sitting down to figure out the budget for city and county government. They start […]
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Rams to hoop it up in Vardaman November 26, 2014
- Who’s No. 1! November 28, 2014
- Monroe authorities need help locating missing man November 28, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 28, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...