OKOLONA – The three first grade classes from Okolona Elementary School held a Thanksgiving Feast Nov. 21 and, in the true spirit of the season, invited friends to join them. First grade teachers, Mallory Ellis, Sonja Hobson and Michelle Priest, along with first grade students welcomed parents, school board members and principal, Lashanda Hoskins to […]
Tag Archives | Thanksgiving
HOUSTON – The U.S. Commerce Department estimates one in six children in America go to bed hungry at least once a week. And that number has to be higher in Houston and rural Chickasaw County. First Baptist Church Food Pantry gave out 99 turkeys last week at its monthly food ministry. Those in line were […]
Nov.28 The North Mt. Olivet General Baptist District Association Brotherhood Ministry will sponsor its annual Thanksgiving Day meal on Thanksgiving Day, Nov.28. There is no charge for the meal. Pick-up delivery of the me4al will begin at 11a.m. If you would like a meal delivered to you please contact one of the following persons: Pastor […]
HOULKA – Hundreds will be fed Thanksgiving and hundreds of gifts will be sold for Christmas at two closely linked events in Houlka this holiday season. The Houlka Community Thanksgiving will see more than 500 meals prepared for needy families, the elderly, county inmates and law enforcement officers on Thanksgiving Day. This will be backed […]
Here it is the latter part of November and I found myself raking leaves at the Ingram Plantation in a t-shirt on Saturday. It rained Sunday, but that only made things muggy and humid. The sun even poked it’s head out Sunday afternoon to end the day on a beautiful note. But Thanksgiving is around […]
Believe it or not, it’s that time again! Thanksgiving is upon us and Christmas is right around the corner. And there is no lack of things to do, events to attend and opportunities to share some holiday cheer. For me, personally, we’ll start things off with the Greater Houston Ministerial Alliance Community Thanksgiving service. I […]
The year is flying by as they tend to do these days and Thanksgiving is nearly upon us. That means it’s almost time to “gaggle up” our Community Choir and make a joyful noise at the Community Service Nov. 25. The service is sponsored by the Greater Houston Ministerial Alliance and the Salvation Army and […]
Halloween is over and that means next stop is Thanksgiving. I noticed several churches in the area are doing some kind of “Days of Thanksgiving” countdown to Nov. 28. Life is hard, but a quick look around shows we truly do have a lot to be thankful for in Chickasaw County. I get so fed […]
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- Cassandra Pulliam appointed Circuit Clerk September 23, 2014
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Zora Cousin September 22, 2014
- Houston gets grant for fire loop September 22, 2014
- Shempert/Norwood September 21, 2014
- Making their special day, extra special September 21, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...