By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – The state Senate rejected a proposal to phase in full funding of the Mississippi Adequate Education Program over a three-year period and instead sent to Gov. Phil Bryant a bill that increases funding for education by $110 million. The Senate proposal, which passed the House earlier […]
Tag Archives | Terry
By JB Clark and Floyd Ingram Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – A warehouse fire Monday night will put a small damper on production at one of United Furniture’s Okolona locations this week. Around 4 p.m. Monday, firefighters responded to the Warren Street location after an employee found what seemed to be a small […]
PHEBA – Each white balloon released against a clear, blue sky sent a message of love to heaven as students, faculty, friends and family members of the late Sonny Andrew Quinones held a memorial for him at Hebron Christian School May 8. Quinones, 11, was third grade student at HCS when he died in an […]
LONGVIEW – Ray C. Dyer, 89, died Wednesday, April 23, 2014, at his residence. He was a member of Longview Baptist Church, where he was an inactive deacon. He served his county during World War II in the Army. He was a prisoner of war for 21 days and was awarded a Purple Heart. After the Army, he […]
OKOLONA – After an executive session to discuss the ramifications of the verdict in a lawsuit filed by Ausbern Construction, the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors decided not to seek an appeal at this time. Ausbern sued the county for an unpaid balance on work done to CR 4 and a jury found in his […]
HOUSTON – A long-running lawsuit between Chickasaw County and Ausbern Construction was slated to be heard Monday morning, in Lafayette County and could end more than two years of legal wrangling. Ausbern seeks payment for work the company did for the county almost three years ago. Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth has already ruled the […]
HOULKA – A Thursday night fire in Chickasaw County totally destroyed a mobile home and resulted in the death of an elderly woman. The Houlka Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched north of Houlka at 6:10 p.m. and found heavy smoke and flames coming from the double-wide trailer when they arrived on the scene. “An elderly […]
NETTLETON – Earlie Leslie Terry, 74, died on Thursday, May 23, 2013, at the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born July 28, 1938, in Houston, he was a son of the late James Alvin and Maggie Bell Jackson Terry. He married Patsy Cooper. Before his retirement, he was a self-employed upholsterer. A loving father […]
OKOLONA — Serving his community is Joseph Henson’s goal as Okolona’s newest firefighter. Henson, an Okolona native, has taken a part-time post with the Okolona Fire Department after finishing his training at the Mississippi Fire Academy in February. “I have been a volunteer firefighter and then I served a couple of tours in the Army,” […]
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors April 19, 2015
- Cyclist dies on Natchez Trace Parkway April 22, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Voice your vote April 23, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- Hilltoppers eye playoffs April 23, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation April 25, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...