By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Ezra Blissard is a good tennis player, and netters around the state found out just how good he was last week at the MHSAA Tennis Finals. Blissard to the Boys 4A Singles Tennis championship match 6-3, 2-6, 6-3 in a two-hour match against an older opponent from […]
Tag Archives | Tennis
HOUSTON – The crowd showed up, the teams showed up and Houston tennis served up a series of matches last week. A top-notch East Webster squad was the second opponent for the Hilltopper Netters played South Pontotoc before the rain started more than a week ago. Houston fell to both East Webster and South Pontotoc […]
JACKSON – The Tennis Foundation of Mississippi has announce that Marvin “Marty” Pearson of Oxford is the 2014 inductee into the Mississippi Tennis Hall of Fame. Marty has long been associated with tennis in the state and through his play, support, and instruction has left an unmistakable imprint on Mississippi tennis. Marty’s tennis career began in Houston, […]
Walt Harrington put pen to paper May 9, preparing for his post-secondary education at Meridian Community College. Harrington will attend the school and signed a letter of intent to play tennis for the Eagles. He is currently a member of the Hilltopper tennis team and just wrapped up his high school career with a third […]
HOUSTON – The tennis courts at Joe Brigance Park in Houston are overdue for an upgrade and are being resurfaced. The Houston Tennis Association, in partnership with the City of Houston, have negotiated a deal to resurface the courts with the assistance of grant funding. Mike Blissard of the HTA said the group found a […]
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...