By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – It started as a simple trip to hone their tennis skills. It turned into a trip to play tennis in England. Ezra Blissard and Walt Harrington have been picked to play for the John Newcombe Tennis Academy summer touring team and will travel to England this summer […]
Tag Archives | Tennis
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – If you want to beat the best you have to play the best. Ezra Blissard is doing just that, having recently competed in the Association of Tennis Professionals Futures event in Destin, Fla. Blissard, 17, of Houston High School was matched with Vinicio Hadlich, […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Ezra Blissard is a good tennis player, and netters around the state found out just how good he was last week at the MHSAA Tennis Finals. Blissard to the Boys 4A Singles Tennis championship match 6-3, 2-6, 6-3 in a two-hour match against an older opponent from […]
HOUSTON – The crowd showed up, the teams showed up and Houston tennis served up a series of matches last week. A top-notch East Webster squad was the second opponent for the Hilltopper Netters played South Pontotoc before the rain started more than a week ago. Houston fell to both East Webster and South Pontotoc […]
JACKSON – The Tennis Foundation of Mississippi has announce that Marvin “Marty” Pearson of Oxford is the 2014 inductee into the Mississippi Tennis Hall of Fame. Marty has long been associated with tennis in the state and through his play, support, and instruction has left an unmistakable imprint on Mississippi tennis. Marty’s tennis career began in Houston, […]
Walt Harrington put pen to paper May 9, preparing for his post-secondary education at Meridian Community College. Harrington will attend the school and signed a letter of intent to play tennis for the Eagles. He is currently a member of the Hilltopper tennis team and just wrapped up his high school career with a third […]
HOUSTON – The tennis courts at Joe Brigance Park in Houston are overdue for an upgrade and are being resurfaced. The Houston Tennis Association, in partnership with the City of Houston, have negotiated a deal to resurface the courts with the assistance of grant funding. Mike Blissard of the HTA said the group found a […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...