PONTOTOC – Greg Roberts, 41, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He went to Bolton High School in Tennessee and played football at the University of Tennessee. He loved his children and grandchild but most of all his wife. He was a very compassionate, loving and helped anyone […]
Tag Archives | Tennessee
M AYNARDVILLE, Tenn. – Delinda J. Hoskins, 51, went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, March 26, 2014. She was a member of Alder Springs Baptist Church and was Attendance Secretary at Horace Maynard Middle School. Her favorite hobbies were shopping and she was the “Queen” of yard sales. Delinda is […]
COLUMBIA, Tenn. – Anna Marion Wessels, 100, passed away at her home in Columbia, Tenn., on Sunday, March 16, 2014. She was born on May 19, 1913, in Houlka to Robert Marion and Kate Patterson Marion. She married Ernest Wessels on June 19, 1938 and they had two children together. She graduated from Blue Mountain […]
Mr. and Mrs. Don Alan Stanfill of Germantown, Tennessee announce the engagement of their daughter, Bethany Grace Stanfill, to John Russell Penick III, son of Mr. and Mrs. Richard Terrell Penick of Madison. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Rev. James Donald Stanfill of Oxford, Mrs. Doris Shackelford Stanfill of New Albany, and […]
HOUSTON – Thirty-seven graduates of Houston High School received their diploma in 1949 and while life has carried them far away, their heart still calls them home once a year. The Class of 1949 celebrated their 63rd annual reunion recently with the group gathering at Bridges-Hall manor in Houston to catch up on family news […]
JACKSON, Tenn. – Lucy Osborne Neely Cockrell, 83, formerly of Okolona, died Sunday, July 21, 2013, in Jackson, Tenn. She attended school in Okolona. She was a member of Eastern Star M.B. Church in Okolona, until she moved to Jackson, Tenn., and joined Springhill M.B. Church. She was married to the late Walter Neely and […]
By Lisa Voyles Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The congregation at Houston First United Methodist Church welcomed a new pastor in the pulpit Sunday morning, although he didn’t have far to travel to get here. Bro. Rex Wilburn will replace Bro. Larry Patrick at Houston FUMC due to Patrick’s retirement for health reasons and Wilburn moved […]
- Battle of Egypt marked and remembered March 22, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...