HOUSTON – Police Chief Billy Voyles is a little old fashioned, so if you get an Email saying you owe the Houston Police Department for a a traffic citation, don’t believe it. Voyles said his department has received two calls from Houston residents who have gotten Emails saying a traffic citation has been issued on […]
Tag Archives | Telephone
BRANDON — It’s an old con and as with most scams, it sound like the real thing, but it isn’t. Scammers are invoicing companies for online ads they never placed and using the Yellow Pages name to lend them credibility. A Waynesboro business owner contacted BBB serving Mississippi about an invoice they received for services […]
BIG CREEK – Ralph David Martin, 71, of Big Creek, was called home Wednesday, May 7, 2014, at Grenada Lake Medical Center in Grenada. He was born Oct. 7, 1942, in Yazoo City. He was the son of William Reed Martin and Hattie Mae Mulvihill Martin. He was a member of Carrolton Baptist Church. He […]
BELDEN – Willard Drusell Jones, 73, died Wednesday, April 2, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. A native of Chickasaw County, he was the son of Drusell Jones and Maggie Lou Berry. He was a member of Big Hill United Methodist Church, where he served as a steward. He was a retired employee […]
HOULKA – Public Service Co mmissioner Brandon Presley wants to hear your complaints. Presley was in Houlka last week to listen to concerns about telephone service, water quality and natural gas and electricity bills. “We do this to get input from you on what public utilities in this part of Mississippi are doing for […]
HOUSTON – Not only will they break into your home, they will get into your bank account if you let them. John Hall of Houston got a telephone call recently from someone saying he needed a new plastic Social Security card and one would be sent if he would answer a few simple questions. “He […]
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley and his staff members will hold regular office hours each month at local courthouses around North Mississippi for anyone with utility company questions or concerns. Presley will be at the Chickasaw County Courthouse in Houston from 2 to 4 p.m., the first Wednesday of each month. The first date for […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston tourism tax vote set for Aug. 11 May 18, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- East Webster pitching halts Taylorsville May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...