HOUSTON – For the 14th year in a row the Houston Solar Car Team has gone to Texas and beaten every other high school solar car team in the nation. Sundancer, the name of the Houston solar vehicle, crossed the Solar Challenge finish line in Austin, Texas Thursday afternoon with more than a 150-mile lead […]
Tag Archives | team
HOUSTON – For the 14th year in a row the Houston Solar Car Team has gone to Texas and beaten every other high school solar car team in the nation. Sundancer, the name of the Houston solar vehicle, crossed the Solar Challenge finish line in Austin, Texas, on Thursday afternoon with an unofficial 120-mile lead […]
FORT WORTH – The Houston Solar Race team took the closed circuit portion of racing this week and now heads out on the road race to Austin. The Houston team had 285 laps and a top speed of 44.6 mph on the last day of racing on the Texas Motor Speedway. They were followed by […]
STARKVILLE – After a rough and very early morning due to the weather and no power on April 4, 20 Houston FFA members competed at the Mississippi FFA State Contest Day held at Mississippi State University. All six teams from Houston placed in the top ten. Of those, two teams came home with a trophy […]
Today is Team Check Day with the car and crew required to attend a variety of meetings and race events. Teams will formally register this afternoon and a group meeting of all solar car racers and advisor/instructors will be held tonight in the ballroom of the Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel. Prior to that a meeting of all […]
OKOLONA – Pulitzer Prize winning author and Okolona native William Raspberry had a passion for urging young African-American men to step up and be leaders for their community. And he believed in starting early. “Mr. Raspberry came from a strong home where children had strong role models and where reading and education were important,” said […]
HOUSTON – The Sundancer car repeated its 13th consecutive victory in the annual Solar Challenge and the Houston Solar Race Team left as much on the road as they brought home. The team, competing in the Open division, faced only one challenger from Walnut, Calif., out-running not only them, but every other car in the […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Solar Race team is once again preparing for national competition and residents and visitors to Houston will soon see the 12-time champion car around town and the area. The team is competing in the Winston Solar Challenge which this year will run from Texas to Los Angeles and have been […]
HOUSTON – Months of fund raising for the American Cancer Society will culminate in a party in the park this Friday night as the Chickasaw County Relay for Life event will begin at 6 p.m. Relay for Life is a friendly competition between teams made of school, civic, church and family groups who raise funds […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- As I see it August 16, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Vardaman’s McClain earns national honor August 17, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...