Dear Editor, T’was several years ago that State Auditor Ray Mabus waged a campaign against the use of public property for private purposes. It was quite a donnybrook, but the use of county road crews to dig graves, county machinery on farms, county or city owned vehicles used as private transportation, etc. were curtailed in […]
Tag Archives | taxpayers
HOUSTON – A group of taxpayers feel they should be allowed to use Houston School District facilities for athletic events and private ceremonies and they met with trustees last week to voice their concerns. The Houston Chargers came before board seeking to use the Houston High School football field and stadium for its pee-wee football […]
HOUSTON – The Houston School Board of Trustees has voted to borrow up to $1.5 million to purchase seven new buses to compliment its aging fleet of 26 vehicles. The motion to approve the note and sale of bonds was made by Trustee Marvin Beard with a second by Trustee Bart Munlin. Board President Daniel […]
- Trustees consider search consultant January 22, 2015
- ICC names fall graduates January 25, 2015
- Houston ponders tourism tax January 26, 2015
- Comer is chairman of ICC Trustees January 26, 2015
- Battle of Okolona re-enactment set January 27, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...