Dear Editor, T’was several years ago that State Auditor Ray Mabus waged a campaign against the use of public property for private purposes. It was quite a donnybrook, but the use of county road crews to dig graves, county machinery on farms, county or city owned vehicles used as private transportation, etc. were curtailed in […]
Tag Archives | taxpayers
HOUSTON – A group of taxpayers feel they should be allowed to use Houston School District facilities for athletic events and private ceremonies and they met with trustees last week to voice their concerns. The Houston Chargers came before board seeking to use the Houston High School football field and stadium for its pee-wee football […]
HOUSTON – The Houston School Board of Trustees has voted to borrow up to $1.5 million to purchase seven new buses to compliment its aging fleet of 26 vehicles. The motion to approve the note and sale of bonds was made by Trustee Marvin Beard with a second by Trustee Bart Munlin. Board President Daniel […]
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...