Dear Editor, T’was several years ago that State Auditor Ray Mabus waged a campaign against the use of public property for private purposes. It was quite a donnybrook, but the use of county road crews to dig graves, county machinery on farms, county or city owned vehicles used as private transportation, etc. were curtailed in […]
Tag Archives | taxpayers
HOUSTON – A group of taxpayers feel they should be allowed to use Houston School District facilities for athletic events and private ceremonies and they met with trustees last week to voice their concerns. The Houston Chargers came before board seeking to use the Houston High School football field and stadium for its pee-wee football […]
HOUSTON – The Houston School Board of Trustees has voted to borrow up to $1.5 million to purchase seven new buses to compliment its aging fleet of 26 vehicles. The motion to approve the note and sale of bonds was made by Trustee Marvin Beard with a second by Trustee Bart Munlin. Board President Daniel […]
- Hilltoppers fall in first round November 13, 2014
- Murphy graduates MSU November 16, 2014
- Fewer snowflakes this Christmas November 17, 2014
- TROPHY ELK November 17, 2014
- Calhoun City National Guard debriefed November 17, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Roof concerns discussed again November 20, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 19, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...