Dear Editor, T’was several years ago that State Auditor Ray Mabus waged a campaign against the use of public property for private purposes. It was quite a donnybrook, but the use of county road crews to dig graves, county machinery on farms, county or city owned vehicles used as private transportation, etc. were curtailed in […]
Tag Archives | taxpayers
HOUSTON – A group of taxpayers feel they should be allowed to use Houston School District facilities for athletic events and private ceremonies and they met with trustees last week to voice their concerns. The Houston Chargers came before board seeking to use the Houston High School football field and stadium for its pee-wee football […]
HOUSTON – The Houston School Board of Trustees has voted to borrow up to $1.5 million to purchase seven new buses to compliment its aging fleet of 26 vehicles. The motion to approve the note and sale of bonds was made by Trustee Marvin Beard with a second by Trustee Bart Munlin. Board President Daniel […]
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Runoff races for Sheriff, Chancery and two Supervisors August 4, 2015
- Bowens, Gladney lift in Las Vegas August 4, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...