Dear Editor, T’was several years ago that State Auditor Ray Mabus waged a campaign against the use of public property for private purposes. It was quite a donnybrook, but the use of county road crews to dig graves, county machinery on farms, county or city owned vehicles used as private transportation, etc. were curtailed in […]
Tag Archives | taxpayers
HOUSTON – A group of taxpayers feel they should be allowed to use Houston School District facilities for athletic events and private ceremonies and they met with trustees last week to voice their concerns. The Houston Chargers came before board seeking to use the Houston High School football field and stadium for its pee-wee football […]
HOUSTON – The Houston School Board of Trustees has voted to borrow up to $1.5 million to purchase seven new buses to compliment its aging fleet of 26 vehicles. The motion to approve the note and sale of bonds was made by Trustee Marvin Beard with a second by Trustee Bart Munlin. Board President Daniel […]
- Boyer, Mitchell earn DAR History honors March 24, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- State releases detailed bass summary March 29, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...