It may be the finest product the Chickasaw Journal publishes, it certainly is the most polished. “Come Home to Chickasaw County,” a magazine produced by your hometown newspaper, can be found inside this week’s edition of the Chickasaw Journal. The cover shows a few of those things we cherish so much in this community – [...]
Tag Archives | Tanglefoot
by Errol Castens NEMS Daily Journal PONTOTOC – One question dominates most conversations about the Tanglefoot Trail: When will it open? Promoters of the conversion of 44 miles of abandoned railway between New Albany and Houston anticipate the trail’s attracting thousands of hikers, bicyclists and horseback riders to the area, boosting tourism and giving rise [...]
H OUSTON – The trail has been paved and work on three whistle stops on the Tanglefoot Trail will soon begin. The 44.5-mile Tanglefoot Trail is being built on the old GM&O railbed and has been cleared and topped with a smooth black ribbon on asphalt. Phase II of the project will now see Hooker [...]
HOUSTON – The Tanglefoot Trail is nearing completion and the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors heard an update on recent developments from Joyce East of CDF at their March 4 meeting. East is the Executive Director of Chickasaw Development Foundation/Historic Houston Main Street Association and has worked closely with organizers on the trail development since [...]
Houston will honor its very best next month at the Chickasaw Development Foundation/Main Street annual banquet and meeting. The economic development event is slated for 6:30 p.m. April 4 at the First United Methodist Church on North Jackson Street. “Community awards will be presented to deserving persons and companies,” said Joyce East, CDF Executive Director. [...]
HOUSTON – First impressions are important and Houston Aldermen want Tanglefoot Trail to give visitors to Houston a good opinion about the community. Alderman at Large Barry Springer asked fellow aldermen to join him on a Saturday tour of the trail to list property that needs to be torn down or cleaned up. “We are [...]
Tanglefoot Trail will officially open later this year with a steady flow of people walking, hiking and biking this path too and from Houston. Trail advocates have estimated it could see up to 100,000 users each year as word of this tourism draw spreads. That same study estimates Tanglefoot Trail could have an estimated economic [...]
- SCORES: Saturday, May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013
- Cherry Word May 22, 2013
- HMS band awards May 22, 2013
- CARA CHISOLM: Remember with honor May 23, 2013
- Vardaman’s Wilson, Calhoun City’s Evans named to state boards May 23, 2013
- Earlie Terry May 25, 2013
- Betsy Reedy May 25, 2013
- Federal sentences continue in cocaine scheme May 25, 2013
- Virginia Chrestman May 24, 2013
- Billy S. Davis May 24, 2013
- Brenda Summers: R.I.P. my brother, JL Wofford, he was a beautiful ...
- Jeanette Marsh: What is the scheduled date of opening. There have...
- air jordan 2 u: Thanks so much for the post.Thanks Again. Really G...
- William Brownlee: To Whom this may concerns, My name is William Bro...
- C Jackman: Sorry for the loss of your loved one. May the Alm...