PONTOTOC – GM&O Rails-to-Trails Recreational District officials say they will reschedule grand opening ceremonies for the Tanglefoot Trail because they’re not sure it will be completed in time. Having hoped for actual completion of contractor work and Mississippi Department of Transportation inspection in late August, board members had set Sept. 21 as a tentative […]
Tag Archives | Tanglefoot Trail
Tanglefoot Trail will officially open in September with a steady flow of people walking, hiking and biking this path to and from Houston. Trail advocates have estimated it could see up to 100,000 users each year as word of this tourism draw spreads. That same study estimates Tanglefoot Trail could have an estimated economic impact […]
PONTOTOC – The Tanglefoot Trail is finished – almost. Board members of the GM&O Rails-to-Trails Recreational District had hoped to open the 44.56-mile cycling and pedestrian path by Aug. 17, but construction delays have pushed back the ceremonial opening pending final inspections by Mississippi Department of Transportation engineers. “The team has picked Sept. 21,” […]
David Helms Pontotoc Progress The tentative August 17 opening date for the Tanglefoot Trail has been postponed for at least a few more weeks while the contractor completes last minute work along the 44.5-mile route, which runs from Houston, through Pontotoc, to New Albany. Last week, officials had begun finalizing plans for trail opening ceremonies, […]
By Lisa Voyles Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – After ten long years of planning and preparation, a grand opening date of Aug. 17 has been set for the Tanglefoot recreational trail. Chickasaw Development Foundation Director Joyce East addressed the county board of supervisors July 1 with the news. “It is exciting news,” East said. “Of course, […]
HOULKA – The Tanglefoot Trail has made it through Houlka and the much awaited whistle-stop in that community is going up. Work on the walking trail that stretches from Houston to New Albany has been underway for almost a year and the final details of the project are falling into place. “The whistle-stop is about […]
Tanglefoot Trail has reached its southern terminal, but work on the project is not finished. The leveling and grading is complete with the trail bed ready for crews to start laying asphalt as soon as weather and new year allow. “They have laid the limestone and gotten the surface ready for the asphalt which is […]
Tanglefoot Trail has made it to Houston. A story on Page One of today’s Chickasaw Journal points out the 44-mile trail from Houston to New Albany has been graded and is awaiting the asphalt topping that will finalize the first phase of this historic project. The concept for Tanglefoot Trail was developed years ago by […]
- Extension gives out 1,600 trees March 3, 2014
- Dale Weeks March 6, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: A dog named Sunday March 6, 2014
- Virginia Dopson March 6, 2014
- Player of the Week March 6, 2014
- Lottie Perry March 10, 2014
- In the bleachers March 10, 2014
- Circuit Court verdict rendered in Okolona March 10, 2014
- Big Bass! March 8, 2014
- Spring forward! March 8, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...