JACKSON (AP) – Mississippi’s attorney general says he doesn’t yet know whether he’ll go to court to force Google to comply with a subpoena or sue the Internet giant for violating state law. Democrat Jim Hood said Monday that he will evaluate the current practices of the unit of Alphabet Inc., saying he hopes the […]
Tag Archives | suit
By Emily Wagster Pettus Associated Press JACKSON – Attorneys are arguing about whether a federal court has the power to decide if the Confederate battle emblem should be removed from the Mississippi flag. The state attorney general’s office, arguing on behalf of Republican Gov. Phil Bryant, said flag design should be decided through the political […]
OKOLONA – After a lawsuit, court costs and controversy the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors signed off on work on County Road 4 last week. Supervisors were approached by County Engineer Ed Springer at their regular board meeting Tuesday, June 24 with documents that will close out work that resurfaced 1.39 miles of County Road […]
OXFORD – A Lafayette County jury has ruled Ausbern Construction is due $570,293.60 in costs and damages following a lawsuit with Chickasaw County that has stretched over two years. Ausbern Construction, owned by Terry Ausbern, of Okolona, sought payment from the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors for work his company did over three years ago […]
HOUSTON – The Houston school board voted last week to reject a bill from an attorney hired by the district to help fix a leaking roof in and who was later dismissed. Trustees rejected the bill from lawyer Bill Murphree and Superintendent Dr. Steve Coker said the decision was made on the grounds the attorney […]
HOUSTON – The Houston school board is looking for new attorneys in its effort to get a leaking roof fixed. Trustees dismissed Tupelo attorneys Gary Carnathan and Bill Murphree Jan. 13, after a closed door executive session that lasted an hour-and-a-half and was billed as a need to discuss “pending or possible litigation.” Carnathan […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors opened the new year with a new idea for collections through Justice Court. Melanie Mayer of nCourt electronic collection service addressed the board about a convenient online method for residents to pay fines, some tickets and fees. Some tickets, including DUI tickets, require a court appearance and […]
By Robbie Ward Daily Journal OXFORD – A federal jury determined this week the town of Bruce should pay $18,000 to a black public works employee after not promoting him based on his race. A two-day trial led to Roderick Keith Gray receiving damages from the town of Bruce, which did not hire the longtime […]
HOUSTON – The Houston School Board was updated in executive session on litigation involving its roof at the School of Science and Technology, but lawyers were tight-lipped about details of the case. On a motion by Trustee Carol Byrne the board entered executive session for roughly 15 minutes with Tupelo attorney Bill Murphree meeting with […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Trustees has voted to have their board attorney send a letter of notice to all parties responsible for the roof on School of Science and Technology. Trustees have been meeting in executive session for several months with NewPath Strategy Consulting, to discuss the leaking roof at the building formerly […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...