HOUSTON – The state has $3.9 million that will be made available to cities and counties for home renovation and Houston is applying for some of that money. Houston’s Board of Aldermen voted last week to apply for these state funds and – if they are successful in obtaining the grant – will need qualified […]
Tag Archives | Streets
HOULKA – Citizens of Houlka have seen an ongoing paving project become a nuisance but the Houlka Board of Aldermen said the paving company is liable for repairs and will have to fix issues of holes and erosion. Public Works Director, David Ray, said the paving on Oak Lane sank and the company is responsible […]
Dear Editor, I am very upset over how the City of Houston has gone down in beauty. When I was growing up this was a beautiful little town. I am appalled at how the Mayor has let beautiful streets be turned into a ghetto. I am so ashamed of Jamison Street. This street was one […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...