This is the final week of county elections and we hope people have already studied the candidates, made their decision and can wisely and confidently walk into the voting booth and make the right choice. Chickasaw County will be a very different place under the leadership of these newly elected officials in just four short […]
Tag Archives | Streets
HOUSTON – The state has $3.9 million that will be made available to cities and counties for home renovation and Houston is applying for some of that money. Houston’s Board of Aldermen voted last week to apply for these state funds and – if they are successful in obtaining the grant – will need qualified […]
HOULKA – Citizens of Houlka have seen an ongoing paving project become a nuisance but the Houlka Board of Aldermen said the paving company is liable for repairs and will have to fix issues of holes and erosion. Public Works Director, David Ray, said the paving on Oak Lane sank and the company is responsible […]
Dear Editor, I am very upset over how the City of Houston has gone down in beauty. When I was growing up this was a beautiful little town. I am appalled at how the Mayor has let beautiful streets be turned into a ghetto. I am so ashamed of Jamison Street. This street was one […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: The “Good News” in Russia July 25, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Quality Iron announces expansion in Houston July 30, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...