HOUSTON – The state has $3.9 million that will be made available to cities and counties for home renovation and Houston is applying for some of that money. Houston’s Board of Aldermen voted last week to apply for these state funds and – if they are successful in obtaining the grant – will need qualified […]
Tag Archives | Streets
HOULKA – Citizens of Houlka have seen an ongoing paving project become a nuisance but the Houlka Board of Aldermen said the paving company is liable for repairs and will have to fix issues of holes and erosion. Public Works Director, David Ray, said the paving on Oak Lane sank and the company is responsible […]
Dear Editor, I am very upset over how the City of Houston has gone down in beauty. When I was growing up this was a beautiful little town. I am appalled at how the Mayor has let beautiful streets be turned into a ghetto. I am so ashamed of Jamison Street. This street was one […]
- Houston Solar Race team out in front July 23, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- Gates signs with Northeast July 26, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it July 26, 2014
- Fire Academy July 27, 2014
- Required Vaccinations July 29, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- BRIAN LENTZ: MACJC format changes in 2015 July 28, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...