HOUSTON – The state has $3.9 million that will be made available to cities and counties for home renovation and Houston is applying for some of that money. Houston’s Board of Aldermen voted last week to apply for these state funds and – if they are successful in obtaining the grant – will need qualified […]
Tag Archives | Streets
HOULKA – Citizens of Houlka have seen an ongoing paving project become a nuisance but the Houlka Board of Aldermen said the paving company is liable for repairs and will have to fix issues of holes and erosion. Public Works Director, David Ray, said the paving on Oak Lane sank and the company is responsible […]
Dear Editor, I am very upset over how the City of Houston has gone down in beauty. When I was growing up this was a beautiful little town. I am appalled at how the Mayor has let beautiful streets be turned into a ghetto. I am so ashamed of Jamison Street. This street was one […]
- 1975 Grand Slam Champions February 22, 2015
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- Winter lingers in Chickasaw County February 27, 2015
- PREP BASKETBALL PLAYOFFS: Houlka and Okolona still dancing February 27, 2015
- Carrot and stick February 27, 2015
- Happy Birthday Miss Zula March 1, 2015
- Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 1, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...