This is the summer shopping season and the time of year when people shop for their home, school children and spend a little extra money on a night out or weekend get-together. And this is also the time of year when community-oriented newspapers urge you to shop at home. We all know the reason for […]
Tag Archives | Store
My Store is a little bit of everything all in one spot. Geneva Mooneyham opened the store on North Jackson less than six month ago and has seen her inventory turn over and over as people come in to look around. “When someone comes in for the first time we don’t always know them,” […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – As a young man trudging on foot across central Europe in the Rhineland Campaign in World War II – some of the fiercest fighting known to mankind – Howard Miskelly said he was not afraid. “When you are 20 years old, you are not afraid of […]
Houlka Food Store has been serving Houlka and the surrounding area from its location at the intersection of Highway 32 and Highway 15 for 18 years. Owner David Pearce said the business is so much more than a simple convenience store and he has always tried to offer that little something extra to make it […]
It’s work, work, work but John Fred Lancaster said he would have it no other way. And 389 Grocery has been very busy serving customers as quickly as possible from dawn to dusk six days a week as long as it has been located at the corner of Highway 389, Jackson Street and Woodland Circle. […]
She runs one of only two mom-and-pop, locally-owned, video stores in Mississippi and she has her business in Houston. Pam Curry owns and operates J’s Video across Kyle Drive from Walmart and has since 2007. “The distributor that I get most of my videos from said there is one left on the Gulf Coast,” said […]
HOUSTON – Lee Nabors smiled as he presented a check for $1,000 to Dennis and Sandra Morgan who also had big smiles. The Morgans were recently chosen for a spring shopping spree at Nabors Do-It-Best Home Center as part of the Houston store’s annual drawing for a lucky local shopper. “I love doing this and […]
Okolona is accustomed to seeing it’s downtown change over the years. The city was burned – twice – during the Civil War. It’s stately three-story Masonic Lodge was constructed after a massive fire in the 1900s that destroyed the center of town. It suffered an exodus of businesses and stores during the 1970s and 80s […]
DERMA – Zelma Hughes Williams, 80, died Sunday, April 7, 2013, at her residence in Derma. She was a member of Goff Chapel Church. She was a retired employee of Joe’s Grocery Store and the widow of George Williams. Celebration of life services will be at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Porter’s Chapel CME Church in […]
- Winter lingers in Chickasaw County February 27, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Snow! And lots of it March 5, 2015
- On to Jackson March 5, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The snowstorm of 2015 March 5, 2015
- Fifty-three throw hat in the ring March 5, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? March 5, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...