A guy drives into a ditch, but luckily, a farmer is there to help. He hitches his horse, Buddy, up to the car and yells, “Pull, Nellie, pull!” Buddy doesn’t move. “Pull, Buster, pull!” Buddy doesn’t budge. “Pull, Coco, pull!” Nothing. Then the farmer says, “Pull, Buddy, pull!” And the horse drags the car out […]
Tag Archives | Steve
During the summer, my mother would always send my brother and me up the gravel road each day to wait for the mail. So we rode our bikes up to the gaggle of mailboxes and waited for old Mr. Jones. The problem occurred when Mr. Jones got to the mail box. He would not give […]
I can’t help but notice that when we have programs for our Lower Elementary children what great attendance we have from the parents. These little ones are cute and cuddly and certainly need our care and guidance. But what happens as these precious children begin to go forward in their growth? As children move into […]
HOUSTON – At-Large Houston School District Board Member Zack Huffman has resigned as trustee prompting the district to begin a search to fill the post. Huffman, who represents county voters in the Houston School District but who live outside the city limits tendered his resignation March 7 but will not officially step down until June […]
HOUSTON – They are undefeated over the past 11-years in a high-tech field filled with teams that are better funded and come from much larger communities. The Houston Solar Car team was presented to the Mississippi Senate Thursday and after a brief presentation explaining their vehicle and their accomplishments was given a standing ovation by […]
Lenten lunch at Houston FUMC Family Life Center will be held at noon today with Sr. Pat Hinton of Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church as guest speaker. Light lunch will be served. There is no charge for lunch, but donations will be given to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association to help the less fortunate. […]
Years ago, I heard how Dad and his father would fill the back of the old pick-up truck with Irish potatoes for market. On the way to town, which was 30 miles away, they would take the longest, roughest road to get there. By the time they got to market, the potatoes had sorted themselves […]
Principals give Houston Trustees school updates HOUSTON – The Houston School Board received a mid-year update on where each school in the district is on reaching goals and teaching students this school year. Principals from the district’s five schools set goals at the beginning of the school year in an effort to bring […]
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- 2015 alligator hunting seasons announced May 27, 2015
- Learning to give May 27, 2015
- MDEQ awards solid waste grant to Chickasaw County May 27, 2015
- Handgrabbing fishing season is open statewide until July 15 May 26, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...