OKOLONA — Serving his community is Joseph Henson’s goal as Okolona’s newest firefighter. Henson, an Okolona native, has taken a part-time post with the Okolona Fire Department after finishing his training at the Mississippi Fire Academy in February. “I have been a volunteer firefighter and then I served a couple of tours in the Army,” […]
Tag Archives | State
From Special Reports STARKVILLE — The Mississippi State University Foundation hass announced 2013 leaders and incoming members for the 46-seat board of directors that guides the fundraising arm of the 135-year-old land grant institution. Incoming officers with one-year terms that began Jan. 1 include: Bobby S. Shackouls of Houston, Texas; Earnest W. “Earnie” Deavenport of […]
Area Boys North State Openers Special to the Chickasaw Journal Boys North State openers are scheduled for Tuesday night at 7 p.m. Class 1A Vardaman at Biggersville Montgomery County at Ingomar Falkner at Houlka Byers at Coffeeville Smithville at Blue Mountain Wheeler at Tremont Class 2A O’Bannon at Baldwyn (Tonight) Coahoma at Potts Camp New […]
HOUSTON – More than two-dozen people packed the board room at City Hall to hear the pros and cons of downtown Houston being listed on the National Historic Register. Bill Gatlin, of the Mississippi Department of Archives and History, said there is a lot of mis-information about being named to the National Historic Register and […]
By Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – It was closer than even his mother knew, but Chris Jones is taking his talents to Mississippi State. Houston’s 5-star defensive end ended his highly-scrutinized recruitment Wednesday morning by choosing the Bulldogs over Ole Miss in a signing day ceremony at Houston High School. “To tell you […]
HOUSTON — Houston’s Chris Jones signed with Mississippi State University this morning, after much speculation about his college of choice. Jones had narrowed the field to MSU and the University of Mississippi, but was considering both schools up until about 6 a.m. “I talked to both coaches this morning,” Jones said. “I felt like State […]
By NEMS Daily Journal *** 9:29 a.m. – From Daily Journal’s Brandon Speck in Houston (@brandonspeck) Chris Jones’ mom says: ‘Never really close to going to #OleMiss.’ #DJPreps *** 9:21 a.m. – More from Brad Locke on Chris Jones … Chris Jones is sticking with Mississippi State. The five-star defensive end from Houston, Miss., held […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – Chris Jones is a man on the football field. Off of it, he only looks like one. The 6-foot-7, 255-pound recruiting prize out of Houston is a kid, a kid who can’t have a normal life as a high school senior. Most teenagers can tweet and Facebook […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal Sports HOUSTON – Mississippi State and Ole Miss are making their final pitches to Houston 5-star defensive end Chris Jones. Both schools are scheduled to visit him Saturday, four days ahead of national signing day. Jones, an MSU commitment since June, has pumped new life into his recruitment with a […]
- Okolona briefed on Trace Regional changes August 25, 2014
- Color Run fun August 28, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...