TUPELO – Movers and shakers from around Northeast Mississippi heard the latest trends in education, economic development and tourism at the 18th Annual State of the Region meeting at the BancorpSouth Conference Center. Chickasaw County was well represented with the local delegation of more than a dozen hearing State Superintendent of Education Carey Wright stress […]
Tag Archives | Stacey
HOUSTON – Aldermen want to “draw a line” and enforce Houston ordinances and building codes, but not this month. The Houston Board of Aldermen scheduled five property clean-up hearings Tuesday night and discussed the need to improve the quality of life in Houston by improving the quality and appearance of neighborhoods through code enforcement. They […]
HOUSTON – In the garden of economic development a community has to have water to make industrial, commercial and residential property bloom. The Houston Board of Aldermen was handed a breakdown of proposed water rate increases to be spread over industrial, residential and commercial customers by Mayor Stacey Parker at the city’s regular first-Tuesday meeting […]
HOUSTON – Thomas Howell, a Houston High School graduate and battalion Executive Officer in the Mississippi Army National Guard, is the newest Houston School Board Trustee. The vote by the Houston Board of Alderman last week to appoint Howell to the city school post was 3-2 and not without controversy and lengthy discussion. The motion […]
HOUSTON – Getting elected can be the easy part, it’s being an effective leader and administrator that moves a town forward and makes a community better. Houston Mayor Stacey W. Parker has completed the “Professional Development” level of the Certified Municipal Officials (CMO) program from the Mississippi Municipal League (MML). The MML has been a […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Alderman has tabled a vote on naming a new Houston School District Trustee after a split 2-2 vote last week. Dist. 2 Alderman Shenia Jones nominated Joe Orr for the trustee seat and was seconded by Dist. 4 Alderman Willie Mae McKinney. Dist. 1 Alderman Tony Uhiren and Dist. […]
HOUSTON – With races for Mayor, Chief of Police and two aldermen up for grabs, there was a steady turnout at the polls for city elections Tuesday. Races saw eight candidates busy yesterday making last minute pleas for votes and handing out campaign cards at the Chickasaw Development Foundation community center, the city’s lone voting […]
HOUSTON – The City of Houston moved one step closer to purchasing a local warehouse with the hope to keep jobs in town and to market the building to other industry. The Houston Board of Aldermen have met several times since early December to hammer out a deal to purchase the Jackson Manufacturing building for […]
HOUSTON – The local numbers are staggering and the wounds inflicted by violent crime in this community can take years to heal. SURVIVAL, Inc. is currently working with more than 30 people in Chickasaw County who have been the victim of violent crime. The organization is working with hundreds of people in a six-county area. […]
- Parks named to Tombigbee Water Management Board February 24, 2015
- Houston ponders community assets February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- Happy Birthday Miss Zula March 1, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...