HOUSTON – St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn., touches lives of children all around the world and some local children did their part to help this spring. The St. Jude Math-a-Thon is an annual event at Houston Lower Elementary School and had more participants than ever this year. “We had 87 kids,” said […]
Tag Archives | St. Jude Children’s Hospital
HOUSTON – Julia Acenith Bowles, 90, died Friday, Dec. 20, 2013, at Floy Dyer Nursing Home in Houston. She was born Sept. 22, 1923, in Houston to Clarence Farr Bowles Sr. and Julia Acenith Gilliam Bowles. She was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Houston since 1937. She was a retired Librarian […]
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- BRIAN LENTZ: MACJC format changes in 2015 July 28, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- Crime Roundup July 31, 2014
- Lonnie Whitt remembered as man who served. July 31, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: What I like about Houston July 31, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Fourteen in a row! July 31, 2014
- Mississippi’s best and brightest July 31, 2014
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...