HOUSTON – Friends share with friends and the ladies at Cottonwood Cove got together last week to do just that. Fourteen residents of the senior citizen apartment complex gathered at the community room Thursday night to enjoy refreshments, fellowship and swap plants. “We always encourage our residents to make their apartments their home,” said Martha […]
Tag Archives | Squash
HOULKA — They gathered Thursday to pray for their community and the people that will be fed by a garden they have planted in Houlka. Members of the Houlka Church of the Nazarene gathered on approximately two acres last week to see how their garden is growing and talk about what they are really trying […]
HOUSTON – Most people have a vegetable garden each summer, but doing it on a commercial scale and making money at it takes special skills and a lot of sweat equity. Doil Moore and James Earnest tend to roughly 25-acres south of Houston and pull tomatoes, onions, peppers, okra, cucumbers, squash, beans, potatoes and peas […]
- Houston proposes tax hike September 12, 2014
- ICC Adult Learner scholars September 16, 2014
- Liquor defeated, beer apparently approved in Pontotoc September 17, 2014
- Houston WalMart target of bomb scare September 17, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Your Hospital September 18, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: How about a little change September 18, 2014
- Houston running game rolls September 18, 2014
- ER closes, clinic opens at Trace September 18, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...