CHICKASAW COUNTY – It is supposed to rain in Mississippi in the springtime and wet fields are not yet a concern for farmers looking to get seed in the ground this season. Good crops last fall has prompted most commodities prices to drop this year, but as all farmers know, that will change before harvest. […]
Tag Archives | Spring
PONTOTOC – Less than six months after its official opening, the Tanglefoot Trail is slated to host several athletic events this spring. The 44-mile paved trail that succeeds the historic GM&O Railroad will host the Altis Endurance Marathon and Half-Marathon on March 30. The event will begin and end in Houston, at the trail’s […]
March 20 is the first day of Spring and if the sun is shining we will all get that primordial urge to clear, dig and plant. Women have conducted Spring cleaning in this community since pioneer days when their ancestors heralded the first warm weather as a sign to wash, sweep and clear the house […]
Don’t tell anyone, but I think I saw a hint of spring last weekend. Shhh, maybe if we all stay really quiet we won’t scare it away. Let’s face it, we’ve had a long, cold, dreary winter and I, for one, am ready for it to be over. I know the calendar is turning over […]
HOUSTON – The city is seeking to cut costs and may ask homeowners to cut their yards out to the street next spring. The Houston Board of Aldermen discussed a proposal last week that would require property owners to be responsible for the upkeep of property in front of their home and also to mow […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Eight members of the Houston Middle School band were awarded for achievement following the HMS spring concert. The band is under the direction of William Shirey and Josh Robinson and is comprised of sixth, seventh and eighth grade students. Students who received awards include: Beginning band most improved […]
From spring sports to state testing, time is about to fly! Just a few days ago one of my teachers said, “Okay, everyone pull out your group assignments from August.”. Not only had I thrown mine away, but I was shocked by how fast time has flown. It seems like just yesterday we were all […]
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Cleo Boyce April 22, 2014
- Okolona cracks down on city travel April 22, 2014
- Manufacturing event set for Franklin Furniture Center at MSU April 21, 2014
- Pink ribbon run Saturday April 21, 2014
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old Lowndes County girl April 23, 2014
- Lions snatch victory from Wildcats April 23, 2014
- Houston hosts a who? April 23, 2014
- Paying it forward April 23, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...