John Gravat of Houston has been named Dizzy Dean State Director for Mississippi. Gravat has been a long-time officer and organizer of the youth baseball and softball programs in Houston and also serves as Park and Recreation Director for the City of Houston. One of Gravat’s responsibilities will be to keep abreast of ongoing updates […]
Tag Archives | Sports
HOUSTON – Plenty of people travel during the holidays and several members of the Houston High School cheer squad joined in on their way to select events in Orlando, Fla., and London, England. Cristin Cook serves as HHS mascot “Harley the Hilltopper” and was invited to participate in the All-American mascot clinic in Orlando following […]
Basketball GIRLS (G) Marshall Academy 41, North Delta 23 (G) Houston 39, Houlka 26 (G) New Site 56, Baldwyn 38 (G) New Albany 65, West Union 52 BOYS (B) Marshall Academy 51, North Delta 22 (B) Houston 43, Houlka 39 (B) Booneville 55, Baldwyn 54 (B) Ingomar 68, New Albany 60.
OKOLONA – Tommy Lee Bowens has a new ring on his finger that has been 50 years in the making. Okolona native Bowens was a member of the 1961 men’s basketball team at Grambling College when the team became the first from Louisiana to win the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics Championship and the team […]
Scores from Tuesday, Jan. 8: GIRLS (G) Hickory Flat 57, Blue Mountain 42 (G) East Union 58, Hatley 49 (G) Marshall Academy 43, Magnolia Heights 29 (G) Itawamba AHS 59, Tishomingo County 50 (G) TCPS 39, Smithville 23 (G) Vardaman 40, Houlka 26 (G) Booneville 60, Mooreville 57 (G) Belmont 71, Walnut 21 (G) […]
After the presents and wrapping have been put away it is time for a little high school basketball. Houston Boys and Girls basketball teams will take a quick Christmas break this week before heading to the Booneville Kiwanis Classic at Booneville High. The schedule and competition for the annual tournament are: Booneville Kiwanis Classic Dec. […]
Former Itawamba Community College standout defensive lineman and Okolona native Tim Bowens was inducted into the 2012 Miami Dolphins’ Walk of Fame this past Sunday. “I didn’t know they felt that way about me,” said Bowens during the Walk of Fame press conference. “I knew they respected me as a player but to see those […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Vardaman’s McClain earns national honor August 17, 2014
- Travel pay more about selfishness than finances August 17, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...