HOUSTON – Shooting sports continue to hit the mark for kids participating in Chickasaw County 4-H with 27 kids traveling to the Mississippi North District shooting at Whitetail Ridge Lodge in Lee County. “We are very pleased with the way the Chickasaw County 4-H program has grown in the last four years,” said Angie […]
Tag Archives | Sports
Scores from Thursday, May 2: BASEBALL (MHSAA Playoffs) Class 1A Ingomar 4, Tupelo Christian 3 Thrasher 11, Houlka 6 Class 2A Baldwyn 10, Simmons 0 Hatley 12, Strayhorn 1 Calhoun City 20-6, O’Bannon 2-0 Class 3A Kossuth 5, Winona 3 Mooreville 13-6, Charleston 0-0 Class 4A Amory 3, Houston 0 Tishomingo Co. 1, Cleveland […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Hilltoppers didn’t spend spring break on vacation at the beach, but they racked up five wins in tournament play through the week and lots of experience on the diamond. Coach Scott Gann was looking forward to the week to be able to get some work for all members of the team. […]
HOULKA/HOUSTON – Although the calendar still says it’s winter, spring sports are just around the corner and organizers of youth sports in Houston and Houlka are already preparing for baseball and softball season. Houlka and Houston are both opening registration periods for their respective programs with Houston’s open now and Houlka’s set to open the […]
John Gravat of Houston has been named Dizzy Dean State Director for Mississippi. Gravat has been a long-time officer and organizer of the youth baseball and softball programs in Houston and also serves as Park and Recreation Director for the City of Houston. One of Gravat’s responsibilities will be to keep abreast of ongoing updates […]
HOUSTON – Plenty of people travel during the holidays and several members of the Houston High School cheer squad joined in on their way to select events in Orlando, Fla., and London, England. Cristin Cook serves as HHS mascot “Harley the Hilltopper” and was invited to participate in the All-American mascot clinic in Orlando following […]
Basketball GIRLS (G) Marshall Academy 41, North Delta 23 (G) Houston 39, Houlka 26 (G) New Site 56, Baldwyn 38 (G) New Albany 65, West Union 52 BOYS (B) Marshall Academy 51, North Delta 22 (B) Houston 43, Houlka 39 (B) Booneville 55, Baldwyn 54 (B) Ingomar 68, New Albany 60.
OKOLONA – Tommy Lee Bowens has a new ring on his finger that has been 50 years in the making. Okolona native Bowens was a member of the 1961 men’s basketball team at Grambling College when the team became the first from Louisiana to win the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics Championship and the team […]
Scores from Tuesday, Jan. 8: GIRLS (G) Hickory Flat 57, Blue Mountain 42 (G) East Union 58, Hatley 49 (G) Marshall Academy 43, Magnolia Heights 29 (G) Itawamba AHS 59, Tishomingo County 50 (G) TCPS 39, Smithville 23 (G) Vardaman 40, Houlka 26 (G) Booneville 60, Mooreville 57 (G) Belmont 71, Walnut 21 (G) […]
After the presents and wrapping have been put away it is time for a little high school basketball. Houston Boys and Girls basketball teams will take a quick Christmas break this week before heading to the Booneville Kiwanis Classic at Booneville High. The schedule and competition for the annual tournament are: Booneville Kiwanis Classic Dec. […]
Former Itawamba Community College standout defensive lineman and Okolona native Tim Bowens was inducted into the 2012 Miami Dolphins’ Walk of Fame this past Sunday. “I didn’t know they felt that way about me,” said Bowens during the Walk of Fame press conference. “I knew they respected me as a player but to see those […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- Gore named ICC’s Sports Information Director September 10, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: Prepared for education anywhere September 13, 2014
- Ex-Ranger Donald Hawkins signed by Dallas Cowboys September 13, 2014
- BIRTH: Reagan Brooke Murphree September 13, 2014
- ICC Adult Learner scholars September 16, 2014
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...