HOUSTON – The district’s non-certified employees and administrators will get raises and the Houston School District will buy buses following a vote by trustees Monday night. The raises will come from the district’s fund balance and total $61,412. Buses are estimated to cost about $75,000 each, with the district seeking up to seven, and they […]
Tag Archives | Spence
HOUSTON – Tests are nothing new at Houston Middle School and a new form of concrete is being examined by the district. Potholes in the concrete driveway at the Middle School have been a chronic problem for years, but estimates to dig it up, lay a base and pour a new surface have been expensive, […]
HOUSTON – It has nothing to do with educating students but it could be a major expense for the Houston School District next year. The Houston School Board of Trustees heard a proposal from Todd Kilgore, representing K-N-K Construction, on possible options to fix a crumbling driveway in front of the Houston Middle School that […]
HOUSTON – Trustees approved an invoice of $21,629.18 to NewPath Strategy Consultants at a special called meeting Friday morning. The payment of the claim was the sole action item on the agenda, but the school board did conduct a “walk-through” of all district buildings and grounds after the meeting adjourned. The board had sought NewPath’s […]
HOUSTON – In an effort to address a growing societal problem with bullying, students at Houston Middle School participated in an assembly program to learn ways to replace bullying behavior with more positive actions. The assembly was led by Windell Greene, Sr., a long-time educator and currently an associate with the educational consulting firm Empowerment […]
HOUSTON – Parents concerned about alleged bullying at Houston Middle School were not allowed to speak at a board meeting last week because they did not fill out the proper forms. Mid-way through the April 8 Houston School Board meeting parents David Adams and Tonja Turner stood and asked to speak, but were told the […]
Principals give Houston Trustees school updates HOUSTON – The Houston School Board received a mid-year update on where each school in the district is on reaching goals and teaching students this school year. Principals from the district’s five schools set goals at the beginning of the school year in an effort to bring […]
- McDaniel supporters comb ballot boxes July 19, 2014
- Houston Solar Race team out in front July 23, 2014
- District eye suit to fund MAEP July 23, 2014
- Foard receives 2014 DEKALB award July 23, 2014
- Emergency July 24, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- United Way holds Back to School resource fairs July 25, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- Let’s hear it for EARS! July 25, 2014
- Houston Solar Car team wins 14th Solar Challenge July 25, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...