HOUSTON – The district’s non-certified employees and administrators will get raises and the Houston School District will buy buses following a vote by trustees Monday night. The raises will come from the district’s fund balance and total $61,412. Buses are estimated to cost about $75,000 each, with the district seeking up to seven, and they […]
Tag Archives | Spence
HOUSTON – Tests are nothing new at Houston Middle School and a new form of concrete is being examined by the district. Potholes in the concrete driveway at the Middle School have been a chronic problem for years, but estimates to dig it up, lay a base and pour a new surface have been expensive, […]
HOUSTON – It has nothing to do with educating students but it could be a major expense for the Houston School District next year. The Houston School Board of Trustees heard a proposal from Todd Kilgore, representing K-N-K Construction, on possible options to fix a crumbling driveway in front of the Houston Middle School that […]
HOUSTON – Trustees approved an invoice of $21,629.18 to NewPath Strategy Consultants at a special called meeting Friday morning. The payment of the claim was the sole action item on the agenda, but the school board did conduct a “walk-through” of all district buildings and grounds after the meeting adjourned. The board had sought NewPath’s […]
HOUSTON – In an effort to address a growing societal problem with bullying, students at Houston Middle School participated in an assembly program to learn ways to replace bullying behavior with more positive actions. The assembly was led by Windell Greene, Sr., a long-time educator and currently an associate with the educational consulting firm Empowerment […]
HOUSTON – Parents concerned about alleged bullying at Houston Middle School were not allowed to speak at a board meeting last week because they did not fill out the proper forms. Mid-way through the April 8 Houston School Board meeting parents David Adams and Tonja Turner stood and asked to speak, but were told the […]
Principals give Houston Trustees school updates HOUSTON – The Houston School Board received a mid-year update on where each school in the district is on reaching goals and teaching students this school year. Principals from the district’s five schools set goals at the beginning of the school year in an effort to bring […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- School bells ring at Houlka August 14, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts August 18, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- WEEK ONE: High school football schedules August 21, 2014
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- Houston runs over Bessemer August 21, 2014
- BROWN: LETTER TO THE EDITOR August 21, 2014
- INGRAM: Paying the price at the pump August 21, 2014
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....