CHICKASAW COUNTY – It is supposed to rain in Mississippi in the springtime and wet fields are not yet a concern for farmers looking to get seed in the ground this season. Good crops last fall has prompted most commodities prices to drop this year, but as all farmers know, that will change before harvest. […]
Tag Archives | soybeans
HOUSTON – Farmers do live a little closer to the Earth and understand the big picture. But agriculture is also a business and farmers often need a little help to make a profit. The Natural Resources Conservation Service links sustainable agriculture practices with programs and policies that conserve and protect the nations soil, water and […]
HOUSTON – There are 112 days until Christmas but it looks like a good holiday season is in store for area farmers with local crops doing well and prices holding steady for ag commodities. But it is farming and there will be several sunrises and sunsets before harvest is complete and the check is in […]
- Parks named to Tombigbee Water Management Board February 24, 2015
- Houston ponders community assets February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- Happy Birthday Miss Zula March 1, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...