CHICKASAW COUNTY – It is supposed to rain in Mississippi in the springtime and wet fields are not yet a concern for farmers looking to get seed in the ground this season. Good crops last fall has prompted most commodities prices to drop this year, but as all farmers know, that will change before harvest. […]
Tag Archives | soybeans
HOUSTON – Farmers do live a little closer to the Earth and understand the big picture. But agriculture is also a business and farmers often need a little help to make a profit. The Natural Resources Conservation Service links sustainable agriculture practices with programs and policies that conserve and protect the nations soil, water and […]
HOUSTON – There are 112 days until Christmas but it looks like a good holiday season is in store for area farmers with local crops doing well and prices holding steady for ag commodities. But it is farming and there will be several sunrises and sunsets before harvest is complete and the check is in […]
- Anchor Alzheimer Challenge September 24, 2014
- Flywheel set to spin Sept. 26-27 September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: High school football scores September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: Football Roundup September 27, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- LIFE strategies September 29, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...