CHICKASAW COUNTY – It is supposed to rain in Mississippi in the springtime and wet fields are not yet a concern for farmers looking to get seed in the ground this season. Good crops last fall has prompted most commodities prices to drop this year, but as all farmers know, that will change before harvest. […]
Tag Archives | soybeans
HOUSTON – Farmers do live a little closer to the Earth and understand the big picture. But agriculture is also a business and farmers often need a little help to make a profit. The Natural Resources Conservation Service links sustainable agriculture practices with programs and policies that conserve and protect the nations soil, water and […]
HOUSTON – There are 112 days until Christmas but it looks like a good holiday season is in store for area farmers with local crops doing well and prices holding steady for ag commodities. But it is farming and there will be several sunrises and sunsets before harvest is complete and the check is in […]
- Some say it’s hot July 17, 2014
- Staten meets with city, county July 21, 2014
- Football meetings July 21, 2014
- Young farmers’ plight: State regulations hinder sustainable chicken farm’s sales July 21, 2014
- Aldermen mull vendor permits July 22, 2014
- Sales tax holiday starts after midnight July 24, 2014
- Better Schools petitions available July 24, 2014
- Houston Solar Car has 160 mile lead July 24, 2014
- Houston schools prep for registration July 24, 2014
- Emergency July 24, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...