Columbus’ voyage brought the civilizations of Eurasia and America into contact and inevitable conflict, resulting in profound and permanent changes to both. The internet has done the same to my world view. It is impossible to remain unaffected by developments in any part of the world. It was still possible for the previous generation to […]
Tag Archives | Sonny
“You need to get out more,” said Jamie Dailey at the Davis Event Center in Fulton on Feb. 28. By the end of the evening, I was in full agreement. I have long wanted to attend the spring concert at ICC, but something always came up. When this year’s card included Dailey and Vincent, Rhonda […]
It is comforting to have a cultural anchor giving a sense of continuity with the past. Give thanks, Dear Hearts, here in Mississippi we have our legislature. We may ridicule it, but perhaps we underestimate it. They have their moments—none more shining than the recent dispensation of the “Common Core” controversy. “You don’t like Common […]
Time and again, the thought has occurred to me – usually as some cannot-carry-a-tune-in-a-bucket singer with a repertoire of hackneyed journeyman tunes describes himself as an “artist” to a reporter: “When did singers become ‘artists’?” Well, usage and styles change. If Oxford American can accept anyone “who practices any of the various creative arts” as […]
AMORY – Victor Harold “Bubba” “Sonny” Stanford, 78, died on Monday, May 26, 2014, at his residence. Born on June 13, 1935, in Amory, he was a son of the late William Archie Stanford Sr. and Jewel Nix Stanford.He attended Trace Road, Amory and Shannon schools and the University of Mississippi for one year. He […]
WEST POINT – Sonny Andrew Quinones, 11, passed away on Thursday, March 20, 2014, at Blair E. Batson Hospital for Children in Jackson. He was born Feb. 4, 2003, in West Point, the son of Crystal West. He was a third grade student at Hebron Christian School near Pheba. He loved life. He loved the […]
- Vardaman softball coach arrested April 18, 2015
- CenterStage to perform at ICC April 22, 2015
- Cyclist dies on Natchez Trace Parkway April 22, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Voice your vote April 23, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- Hilltoppers eye playoffs April 23, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...