The 858thth Engineering Company is back home safe in Mississippi. Units made the 19-hour plane ride from the Afghanistan and will now check in equipment, be debriefed and begin the transition back to life in the good ole U.S. of A. A few officers and enlisted men are still doing something close to rear-guard action, […]
Tag Archives | Soldier
HOUSTON – Major Danny Blanton told of that fateful day in July 2005 when he performed CPR on a Marine sergeant fatally wounded when a bomb exploded under the vehicle that sergeant was riding in on a road in Anbar Province Iraq. Blanton also told of the son of that sergeant who turned down an […]
At the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month in 1918, an armistice, or cease-fire, went into effect ending the fighting in World War I. After four long years, the “Great War” was over. President Woodrow Wilson had called it the “war to end all wars” and the war “to make the […]
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Bowens, Gladney lift in Las Vegas August 4, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...