The 858thth Engineering Company is back home safe in Mississippi. Units made the 19-hour plane ride from the Afghanistan and will now check in equipment, be debriefed and begin the transition back to life in the good ole U.S. of A. A few officers and enlisted men are still doing something close to rear-guard action, […]
Tag Archives | Soldier
HOUSTON – Major Danny Blanton told of that fateful day in July 2005 when he performed CPR on a Marine sergeant fatally wounded when a bomb exploded under the vehicle that sergeant was riding in on a road in Anbar Province Iraq. Blanton also told of the son of that sergeant who turned down an […]
At the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month in 1918, an armistice, or cease-fire, went into effect ending the fighting in World War I. After four long years, the “Great War” was over. President Woodrow Wilson had called it the “war to end all wars” and the war “to make the […]
- 1975 Grand Slam Champions February 22, 2015
- School, business, industry and institution closing February 25, 2015
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- Winter lingers in Chickasaw County February 27, 2015
- PREP BASKETBALL PLAYOFFS: Houlka and Okolona still dancing February 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...