The 858thth Engineering Company is back home safe in Mississippi. Units made the 19-hour plane ride from the Afghanistan and will now check in equipment, be debriefed and begin the transition back to life in the good ole U.S. of A. A few officers and enlisted men are still doing something close to rear-guard action, […]
Tag Archives | Soldier
HOUSTON – Major Danny Blanton told of that fateful day in July 2005 when he performed CPR on a Marine sergeant fatally wounded when a bomb exploded under the vehicle that sergeant was riding in on a road in Anbar Province Iraq. Blanton also told of the son of that sergeant who turned down an […]
At the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month in 1918, an armistice, or cease-fire, went into effect ending the fighting in World War I. After four long years, the “Great War” was over. President Woodrow Wilson had called it the “war to end all wars” and the war “to make the […]
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...