The 858thth Engineering Company is back home safe in Mississippi. Units made the 19-hour plane ride from the Afghanistan and will now check in equipment, be debriefed and begin the transition back to life in the good ole U.S. of A. A few officers and enlisted men are still doing something close to rear-guard action, […]
Tag Archives | Soldier
HOUSTON – Major Danny Blanton told of that fateful day in July 2005 when he performed CPR on a Marine sergeant fatally wounded when a bomb exploded under the vehicle that sergeant was riding in on a road in Anbar Province Iraq. Blanton also told of the son of that sergeant who turned down an […]
At the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month in 1918, an armistice, or cease-fire, went into effect ending the fighting in World War I. After four long years, the “Great War” was over. President Woodrow Wilson had called it the “war to end all wars” and the war “to make the […]
- Cassandra Pulliam appointed Circuit Clerk September 23, 2014
- September Circuit Court holds 60 cases September 26, 2014
- Okolona man arrested on marijuana charges September 26, 2014
- WEEK 6: High school football capsules September 26, 2014
- Flywheel set to spin Sept. 26-27 September 27, 2014
- LIFE strategies September 29, 2014
- Aldermen eye Ethics opinion September 29, 2014
- NMMC offers pastoral education program September 28, 2014
- Future of farming September 28, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...