HOUSTON – It all started in Chickasaw County for Brenda Whitlock and she brought her latest songs back for the people who know her music best. Whitlock sang “Not Gonna Let Nobody Take My Crown” and also sang “Double Dose (of the Holy Ghost)” to the delight of the crowd in attendance at Live in […]
Tag Archives | Smithville
Smithville woman charged with sale of controlled substance A Smithville woman has been charged with selling a controlled substance. According to a statement from the Amory Police Department, the North Mississippi Narcotics Unit, assisted by the Amory and Smithville police departments, served a warrant for the arrest of Sherry A. Harris, 42, of Smithville […]
SMITHVILLE – Jimmie Frances Cantrell Kennedy, 74, died on Tuesday, Feb, 11, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born on Sept. 28, 1939, in Smithville, she was a daughter of the late Charles Edward and Frances Beatrice Lantrip Cantrell. She was a graduate of Smithville High School, Class of 1957. On Feb. 9, […]
SMITHVILLE – Donald Gene Davis, 76, died on Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born June 13, 1937, in Okolona, he was a son of Gilbert and Jewel Gray Davis. He was a graduate of Becker Schools. Before his retirement, he worked as a carpenter and painter. Guided by his […]
Northeast Mississippi’s three defending state champions – Corinth (4A), Hamilton (2A) and Smithville (1A) – opened the MHSAA slow pitch softball playoffs Tuesday with victories. Corinth rallied to beat Houston 9-2 and 14-10 after losing the best-of-three series opener 11-1. Hamilton, which moved down to 1A this season, swept Broad Street 14-0 and 23-0 while […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Houston’s Scott receives NSHSS honor September 2, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- ALLEN: First day at new job August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...