OKOLONA – Houlka had a good first quarter, but a stronger and faster Smithville team came to town Thursday and left with their eyes on their next opponent and a possible state title. The Smithville Semioles (8-3, 6-2) were met with a stingy Wildcat defense but as the game wore on the Houlka (1-9, 1-7) […]
Tag Archives | Smithville
HOULKA – In slow-pitch softball they are going to get their hits, but Smithville has a tendency to hit them harder and farther. The Smithville Lady Seminoles topped the Lady Houlka Wildcats 15-0, Thursday after coming of a Tuesday night jaunt with Hamilton that saw Smithville hit 13 home runs. “We knew they were a […]
Associated Press Here are Mississippi’s top high school football teams in each class as selected by a panel of Associated Press state sports writers. Class Overall School W-L Pts Prv 1. Starkville (12) (5-0) 138 1 2. South Panola (2) (5-0) 128 2 3. Tupelo (5-0) 100 3 4. Picayune (4-0) 78 4 5. Oxford […]
HOUSTON – It all started in Chickasaw County for Brenda Whitlock and she brought her latest songs back for the people who know her music best. Whitlock sang “Not Gonna Let Nobody Take My Crown” and also sang “Double Dose (of the Holy Ghost)” to the delight of the crowd in attendance at Live in […]
Smithville woman charged with sale of controlled substance A Smithville woman has been charged with selling a controlled substance. According to a statement from the Amory Police Department, the North Mississippi Narcotics Unit, assisted by the Amory and Smithville police departments, served a warrant for the arrest of Sherry A. Harris, 42, of Smithville […]
SMITHVILLE – Jimmie Frances Cantrell Kennedy, 74, died on Tuesday, Feb, 11, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born on Sept. 28, 1939, in Smithville, she was a daughter of the late Charles Edward and Frances Beatrice Lantrip Cantrell. She was a graduate of Smithville High School, Class of 1957. On Feb. 9, […]
SMITHVILLE – Donald Gene Davis, 76, died on Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born June 13, 1937, in Okolona, he was a son of Gilbert and Jewel Gray Davis. He was a graduate of Becker Schools. Before his retirement, he worked as a carpenter and painter. Guided by his […]
Northeast Mississippi’s three defending state champions – Corinth (4A), Hamilton (2A) and Smithville (1A) – opened the MHSAA slow pitch softball playoffs Tuesday with victories. Corinth rallied to beat Houston 9-2 and 14-10 after losing the best-of-three series opener 11-1. Hamilton, which moved down to 1A this season, swept Broad Street 14-0 and 23-0 while […]
- Supervisors name officers for 2015 January 19, 2015
- Wildcats nip Chiefs January 22, 2015
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- Howell, Carter ink with NE January 23, 2015
- United Furniture gears up for February opening in Verona January 23, 2015
- ICC names fall graduates January 25, 2015
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- Deputies raid underage party in Mooreville, adult charged January 24, 2015
- Do legislators really know better than voters? January 24, 2015
- Alford earns ICC scholarship January 24, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...