HOULKA – In slow-pitch softball they are going to get their hits, but Smithville has a tendency to hit them harder and farther. The Smithville Lady Seminoles topped the Lady Houlka Wildcats 15-0, Thursday after coming of a Tuesday night jaunt with Hamilton that saw Smithville hit 13 home runs. “We knew they were a […]
Tag Archives | Smithville
Associated Press Here are Mississippi’s top high school football teams in each class as selected by a panel of Associated Press state sports writers. Class Overall School W-L Pts Prv 1. Starkville (12) (5-0) 138 1 2. South Panola (2) (5-0) 128 2 3. Tupelo (5-0) 100 3 4. Picayune (4-0) 78 4 5. Oxford […]
HOUSTON – It all started in Chickasaw County for Brenda Whitlock and she brought her latest songs back for the people who know her music best. Whitlock sang “Not Gonna Let Nobody Take My Crown” and also sang “Double Dose (of the Holy Ghost)” to the delight of the crowd in attendance at Live in […]
Smithville woman charged with sale of controlled substance A Smithville woman has been charged with selling a controlled substance. According to a statement from the Amory Police Department, the North Mississippi Narcotics Unit, assisted by the Amory and Smithville police departments, served a warrant for the arrest of Sherry A. Harris, 42, of Smithville […]
SMITHVILLE – Jimmie Frances Cantrell Kennedy, 74, died on Tuesday, Feb, 11, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born on Sept. 28, 1939, in Smithville, she was a daughter of the late Charles Edward and Frances Beatrice Lantrip Cantrell. She was a graduate of Smithville High School, Class of 1957. On Feb. 9, […]
SMITHVILLE – Donald Gene Davis, 76, died on Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born June 13, 1937, in Okolona, he was a son of Gilbert and Jewel Gray Davis. He was a graduate of Becker Schools. Before his retirement, he worked as a carpenter and painter. Guided by his […]
Northeast Mississippi’s three defending state champions – Corinth (4A), Hamilton (2A) and Smithville (1A) – opened the MHSAA slow pitch softball playoffs Tuesday with victories. Corinth rallied to beat Houston 9-2 and 14-10 after losing the best-of-three series opener 11-1. Hamilton, which moved down to 1A this season, swept Broad Street 14-0 and 23-0 while […]
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- United Furniture is one of two companies bidding for former Lane plant October 22, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers stopped by Amory October 23, 2014
- Public wants access to school facilities October 23, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- Houston clicks on all cylinders October 23, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...