Mr. Edward Gaither Parham of La Grange, Tenn., are pleased to announce the forthcoming wedding of his daughter, Courtney Caroline, to Matthew Benjamin Skelton. Ms. Parham is also the daughter of the late Mrs. Sheila Buffington Parham. Mr. Skelton is the son of Mr. and Mrs. William Curtis Skelton of Louisville. The wedding will be […]
Tag Archives | Skelton
PHEBA – Each white balloon released against a clear, blue sky sent a message of love to heaven as students, faculty, friends and family members of the late Sonny Andrew Quinones held a memorial for him at Hebron Christian School May 8. Quinones, 11, was third grade student at HCS when he died in an […]
MANTEE – Dan Womack, 75, died Tuesday, April 29, 2014, at his home. He was born Feb. 13, 1939, in Chickasaw County to Alton Granville Womack and Mary Wofford Womack. He retired from Spartus Corporation in Louisville. He was a member of Hohenlinden Baptist Church. He enjoyed farming and saw milling. Services will be at […]
GREENVILLE, S.C. – Susan Skelton Guest, a native of Houston, was recently named 2013-14 President of ASID Carolinas (American Society of Interior Designers) at the chapter conference in Greenville, S.C. After working for other design firms for 10 years, Susan opened Guest Interiors in 1993 in Hickory, N.C. The firm specializes in residential, commercial, and […]
PONTOTOC – Carl Winford Skelton, 76, died Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was a 1956 graduate of Algoma High School, he was an Air Force veteran and a business owner. He was the founder of Triangle Service, beginning in 1978 and retiring in 2001. Services will be at 2 […]
HOUSTON – A few minutes with Tommy Skelton and you realize there is more to this business than martial arts, but it takes a while to figure it out. Sho Kon Ryu is the style and there are many throws, strikes and moves found in traditional martial arts. It’s a style developed by Skelton over […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Alderman has tabled a vote on naming a new Houston School District Trustee after a split 2-2 vote last week. Dist. 2 Alderman Shenia Jones nominated Joe Orr for the trustee seat and was seconded by Dist. 4 Alderman Willie Mae McKinney. Dist. 1 Alderman Tony Uhiren and Dist. […]
- Houlka Community Thanksgiving is Nov. 22 November 19, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- Chieftains to stand tall on court November 24, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- Bells will be ringing November 25, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...