CHICKASAW COUNTY – There are more storm shelters around here than just about any county in Northeast Mississippi, but recent bad weather has proved the community needs more. Local storm shelters were packed April 11 when two fast-moving storms raced across Chickasaw County with the first one moving on to slam Tupelo, causing millions of […]
Tag Archives | sirens
The National Weather Service and the Chickasaw County Emergency Management Agency turned on the sirens in Houston at 1:55 p.m. Tuesday, after suspicious cloud formations were spotted near Houlka. The weather warning was sparked by a storm that moved through Vardaman about 1:30 dumping rain and strong winds. The fast moving storm is part of […]
- Houston duo named Showcase MVPs August 23, 2014
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- Houlka falls to East Union August 28, 2014
- Supervisors discuss ambulance service August 28, 2014
- Lady Toppers strong at plate and field August 28, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- EW downs Vardaman in season opener August 28, 2014
- Color Run fun August 28, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...