On Saturday, June 28, the big Houston Homecoming Celebration will be held on the Square and, once again, the Community Choir has been asked to provide the opening music. This time, there’s a little change. I was told that because we are a “crowd gathering attraction,” they would like for us to do a little […]
Tag Archives | sing
Dec. 4 The United Blood Services bloodmobile will be at Faith Outreach Church in Okolona Dec. 4 from 4:30 to 7 p.m. All blood donations are welcome. Dec. 6 Houston Holiday Bazaar and Fashion Show is set for 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6 at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center on North […]
The year is flying by as they tend to do these days and Thanksgiving is nearly upon us. That means it’s almost time to “gaggle up” our Community Choir and make a joyful noise at the Community Service Nov. 25. The service is sponsored by the Greater Houston Ministerial Alliance and the Salvation Army and […]
I turned the corner Friday morning on the way to work and spotted the Flags on the Courthouse Square. Just a moment watching dozens of grand ole red-white-and-blue slowly move in the morning breeze made my day. I hope there were others who drove by and were also filled with pride and appreciation for […]
Community choir members,we have again been invited to participate in the Houston Homecoming Celebration by singing a medley of patriotic music at the beginning of the program at 5 p.m. on Saturday, June 29, on the Courthouse Square. I am asking you to share the word with your friends, neighbors, fellow choir and congregation members […]
- Aldermen mull vendor permits July 22, 2014
- Let’s hear it for EARS! July 25, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- United Way holds Back to School resource fairs July 25, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- Journalism 101 July 28, 2014
- BRIAN LENTZ: MACJC format changes in 2015 July 28, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...