Mr. and Mrs. Randle D. Wright, of Vardaman, announce the engagement and upcoming marriage of their daughter, Randee Kalyn to Aaron Murphy Sims, son of Mr. and Mrs. David Forest Sims of Calhoun City. Miss Wright is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. W.M. Blaine of McCool and Mrs. Mary Lee Wright of Vardaman and […]
Tag Archives | Sims
ABERDEEN – William Louis Brand, 76, died Monday, Oct. 21, 2013, at Pioneer Community Hospital in Aberdeen. He was born in Montpelier, April 23, 1937, to parents, William Howard Brand and Lovie Dell Morgan Brand. After training and certifications, he began a career in the meat cutting industry as a Butcher. The career lasted 32 […]
OKOLONA – Virgie Cunningham Vasser died Thursday, June 6, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Feb. 1, 1919, to Henry Cunningham and Malinda Sims Cunningham. She was a homemaker and a member of New Hebron M.B. Church. She helped rear all her grandchildren, and she loved gardening. Services will be at 3 […]
OKOLONA – Mary Jean Pounds died Friday, April 12, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Feb. 11, 1944, to Middie L. Pounds and Clifford Enos in Plantersville. She graduated from Sims High School. She enjoyed reading her Bible, working in her flower garden. She loved people and never met a stranger. She […]
HOUSTON – Vickie Renna Coleman Black, 49, died Monday, April 1, 2013. She was born Dec. 12, 1963, in Chickasaw County to David Wayne Coleman and Barbara Anne Dye Sims. She was a member of Parkway Baptist Church. She was employed at Wal-Mart for 30 years. Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Parkway […]
CALHOUN CITY – Betty Anne Sims Vance, 65, died Wednesday, March 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born July 21, 1947, in Calhoun City to James Sims and Betty Murphy Sims. She was a homemaker and a member of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday […]
WEST POINT – Marcus R. Sims, 60, died Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-East in Memphis. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel in West Point. Burial will follow in Palo Alto Cemetery in West Point. Visitation will be from noon to service time Saturday.
- Cassandra Pulliam appointed Circuit Clerk September 23, 2014
- Okolona man arrested on marijuana charges September 26, 2014
- WEEK 6: High school football capsules September 26, 2014
- Flywheel set to spin Sept. 26-27 September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: High school football scores September 27, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- LIFE strategies September 29, 2014
- Aldermen eye Ethics opinion September 29, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...