Special to the Chickasaw Journal Incoming freshmen who will be members of the Itawamba Community College All-American Band for 2015-16 include several area residents. They are: Amory – Locke Burrell, Dalton Garcia, Jordan Ginn, Elizabeth Higgins, Yen Nguyen, Hannah Schmoock; Calhoun City – Stacy Brown; Gore Springs – Nicholas McClain; Houlka – McKenzie Morris; […]
Tag Archives | Sims
Mr. and Mrs. Randle D. Wright, of Vardaman, announce the engagement and upcoming marriage of their daughter, Randee Kalyn to Aaron Murphy Sims, son of Mr. and Mrs. David Forest Sims of Calhoun City. Miss Wright is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. W.M. Blaine of McCool and Mrs. Mary Lee Wright of Vardaman and […]
ABERDEEN – William Louis Brand, 76, died Monday, Oct. 21, 2013, at Pioneer Community Hospital in Aberdeen. He was born in Montpelier, April 23, 1937, to parents, William Howard Brand and Lovie Dell Morgan Brand. After training and certifications, he began a career in the meat cutting industry as a Butcher. The career lasted 32 […]
OKOLONA – Virgie Cunningham Vasser died Thursday, June 6, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Feb. 1, 1919, to Henry Cunningham and Malinda Sims Cunningham. She was a homemaker and a member of New Hebron M.B. Church. She helped rear all her grandchildren, and she loved gardening. Services will be at 3 […]
OKOLONA – Mary Jean Pounds died Friday, April 12, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Feb. 11, 1944, to Middie L. Pounds and Clifford Enos in Plantersville. She graduated from Sims High School. She enjoyed reading her Bible, working in her flower garden. She loved people and never met a stranger. She […]
HOUSTON – Vickie Renna Coleman Black, 49, died Monday, April 1, 2013. She was born Dec. 12, 1963, in Chickasaw County to David Wayne Coleman and Barbara Anne Dye Sims. She was a member of Parkway Baptist Church. She was employed at Wal-Mart for 30 years. Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Parkway […]
CALHOUN CITY – Betty Anne Sims Vance, 65, died Wednesday, March 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born July 21, 1947, in Calhoun City to James Sims and Betty Murphy Sims. She was a homemaker and a member of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday […]
WEST POINT – Marcus R. Sims, 60, died Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-East in Memphis. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel in West Point. Burial will follow in Palo Alto Cemetery in West Point. Visitation will be from noon to service time Saturday.
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...