Mr. and Mrs. Randle D. Wright, of Vardaman, announce the engagement and upcoming marriage of their daughter, Randee Kalyn to Aaron Murphy Sims, son of Mr. and Mrs. David Forest Sims of Calhoun City. Miss Wright is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. W.M. Blaine of McCool and Mrs. Mary Lee Wright of Vardaman and […]
Tag Archives | Sims
ABERDEEN – William Louis Brand, 76, died Monday, Oct. 21, 2013, at Pioneer Community Hospital in Aberdeen. He was born in Montpelier, April 23, 1937, to parents, William Howard Brand and Lovie Dell Morgan Brand. After training and certifications, he began a career in the meat cutting industry as a Butcher. The career lasted 32 […]
OKOLONA – Virgie Cunningham Vasser died Thursday, June 6, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Feb. 1, 1919, to Henry Cunningham and Malinda Sims Cunningham. She was a homemaker and a member of New Hebron M.B. Church. She helped rear all her grandchildren, and she loved gardening. Services will be at 3 […]
OKOLONA – Mary Jean Pounds died Friday, April 12, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Feb. 11, 1944, to Middie L. Pounds and Clifford Enos in Plantersville. She graduated from Sims High School. She enjoyed reading her Bible, working in her flower garden. She loved people and never met a stranger. She […]
HOUSTON – Vickie Renna Coleman Black, 49, died Monday, April 1, 2013. She was born Dec. 12, 1963, in Chickasaw County to David Wayne Coleman and Barbara Anne Dye Sims. She was a member of Parkway Baptist Church. She was employed at Wal-Mart for 30 years. Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Parkway […]
CALHOUN CITY – Betty Anne Sims Vance, 65, died Wednesday, March 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born July 21, 1947, in Calhoun City to James Sims and Betty Murphy Sims. She was a homemaker and a member of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday […]
WEST POINT – Marcus R. Sims, 60, died Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-East in Memphis. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel in West Point. Burial will follow in Palo Alto Cemetery in West Point. Visitation will be from noon to service time Saturday.
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Ice, sleet accumulation expected tonight in region March 4, 2015
- Bats go cold in Bulldogs’ first loss March 4, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...