HOUSTON – Apache helicopter pilot James “Robin” Waltress wore a red scarf on Christmas Day as he flew missions in Afghanistan. “I just told people I was Santa Claus,” said Waltress. “The guys on my helicopter gave me a hard time about it. You could see it a mile away against my uniform.” The […]
Tag Archives | silly Whispers
HOUSTON – There were clothes, art, food and the finest in holiday fashions at the Second Annual Houston Holiday Bazaar. Six local businesses banded together with Historic Hometown Houston to host the bazaar at First United Methodist Church on Dec. 6, with the public invited in to look at what is on sale this […]
HOUSTON – It’s simple economics, when customers come to one downtown business to shop, all downtown businesses benefit. Silly Whispers on the Square in Houston saw 17 women from the Scrappers Quilt Guild come to their store Monday to shop and take a quilting course. The group stayed to eat lunch in local restaurants, buy […]
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Rams to hoop it up in Vardaman November 26, 2014
- Davis Lake bridge bids opened November 27, 2014
- Who’s No. 1! November 28, 2014
- Monroe authorities need help locating missing man November 28, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 28, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...