By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal MONTICELLO, Ark. – The University of Arkansas at Monticello has given the nod to Kody Kimbrough to play baseball for the Boll Weevils in the NCAA Division II Great American Conference. Kimbrough played the last two years for the Northwest Community College Rangers and the UA Monticello Director of […]
Tag Archives | Signing
HOULKA – He was a star football and basketball player, but when it came to picking the sport that will pay for college, Tyreque Reed chose baseball. Reed is a key part of the success the team has had this spring and Houlka plays Smithville this week for the North State championship and a chance […]
HOUSTON – She can crush a softball and play just about any position on the field, except one. “I don’t pitch,” said Mary Kansas Sullivan, as she signed a letter of intent to play softball at Itawamba Community College last week. “I felt like ICC was the right place for me and I already know […]
HOUSTON — Houston’s Chris Jones signed with Mississippi State University this morning, after much speculation about his college of choice. Jones had narrowed the field to MSU and the University of Mississippi, but was considering both schools up until about 6 a.m. “I talked to both coaches this morning,” Jones said. “I felt like State […]
By NEMS Daily Journal *** 9:29 a.m. – From Daily Journal’s Brandon Speck in Houston (@brandonspeck) Chris Jones’ mom says: ‘Never really close to going to #OleMiss.’ #DJPreps *** 9:21 a.m. – More from Brad Locke on Chris Jones … Chris Jones is sticking with Mississippi State. The five-star defensive end from Houston, Miss., held […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – Chris Jones is a man on the football field. Off of it, he only looks like one. The 6-foot-7, 255-pound recruiting prize out of Houston is a kid, a kid who can’t have a normal life as a high school senior. Most teenagers can tweet and Facebook […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal Sports HOUSTON – Mississippi State and Ole Miss are making their final pitches to Houston 5-star defensive end Chris Jones. Both schools are scheduled to visit him Saturday, four days ahead of national signing day. Jones, an MSU commitment since June, has pumped new life into his recruitment with a […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – Houston’s 5-star defensive end Chris Jones has been committed to Mississippi State since June. He took an official visit to Ole Miss last weekend. In an interview Tuesday in Houston he talked about his recruiting and what is next. “I’m still committed to Mississippi State. Both […]
by Parrish Alford NEMS Daily Journal OXFORD – A big recruiting weekend for official visits concludes today at Ole Miss with Rebels coach Hugh Freeze looking to fill out a handful of spots on what continues to shape up as a very promising class. In fact, one of those spots was taken late Friday evening […]
- Florida largemouth bass stocked into Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway lakes June 24, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Truth inside the culture war June 27, 2015
- First National Bank changes name to First Choice Bank June 27, 2015
- TERRI TURNER: 2015 Woman Of The Year June 28, 2015
- JAMES MEYERS: 2015 Man Of The Year June 28, 2015
- Local talent attends ICC camp June 30, 2015
- United Way seeks support for backpacks June 30, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best June 28, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...