NETTLETON – Herman Shumpert, 95, died on Thursday, May 1, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice. He was born June 15, 1918, to Eck and Georgia William Shumpert. He accepted Christ at an early age and joined Palestine United Methodist Church and served there until he moved to Chicago. There he joined Rust […]
Tag Archives | Shumpert
Ask Imogene Armstrong what she would look for in a day care for her children and she is quick to give two honest answers. “Safety and people who care,” said Armstrong. “Safety should be the first concern for anybody looking to leave their children with someone else, even if it’s family or friends. Second, your […]
PARRIS ISLAND, S.C. – Pvt. Christopher Blake Lofton, son of Michelle Malone of Houston and Don Lofton of Mantee, recently completed U.S. Marine Corps basic training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot at Parris Island. His training consisted of marksmanship with an M16A4 rifle and rifle firing qualification, close order drill, martial arts, bivouacs, weapons training, […]
- BIRTH: Sawyer Blayre Yeatman January 24, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- Nunnelee’s cancer no longer treatable, spokesman says January 30, 2015
- Supper in the sights January 30, 2015
- Trustees moving quickly January 30, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...