NETTLETON – Herman Shumpert, 95, died on Thursday, May 1, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice. He was born June 15, 1918, to Eck and Georgia William Shumpert. He accepted Christ at an early age and joined Palestine United Methodist Church and served there until he moved to Chicago. There he joined Rust […]
Tag Archives | Shumpert
Ask Imogene Armstrong what she would look for in a day care for her children and she is quick to give two honest answers. “Safety and people who care,” said Armstrong. “Safety should be the first concern for anybody looking to leave their children with someone else, even if it’s family or friends. Second, your […]
PARRIS ISLAND, S.C. – Pvt. Christopher Blake Lofton, son of Michelle Malone of Houston and Don Lofton of Mantee, recently completed U.S. Marine Corps basic training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot at Parris Island. His training consisted of marksmanship with an M16A4 rifle and rifle firing qualification, close order drill, martial arts, bivouacs, weapons training, […]
- Anchor Alzheimer Challenge September 24, 2014
- Flywheel set to spin Sept. 26-27 September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: High school football scores September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: Football Roundup September 27, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- LIFE strategies September 29, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...