NETTLETON – Herman Shumpert, 95, died on Thursday, May 1, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice. He was born June 15, 1918, to Eck and Georgia William Shumpert. He accepted Christ at an early age and joined Palestine United Methodist Church and served there until he moved to Chicago. There he joined Rust […]
Tag Archives | Shumpert
Ask Imogene Armstrong what she would look for in a day care for her children and she is quick to give two honest answers. “Safety and people who care,” said Armstrong. “Safety should be the first concern for anybody looking to leave their children with someone else, even if it’s family or friends. Second, your […]
PARRIS ISLAND, S.C. – Pvt. Christopher Blake Lofton, son of Michelle Malone of Houston and Don Lofton of Mantee, recently completed U.S. Marine Corps basic training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot at Parris Island. His training consisted of marksmanship with an M16A4 rifle and rifle firing qualification, close order drill, martial arts, bivouacs, weapons training, […]
- Fewer snowflakes this Christmas November 17, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Helping Hands of Houlka November 21, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...