NETTLETON – Herman Shumpert, 95, died on Thursday, May 1, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice. He was born June 15, 1918, to Eck and Georgia William Shumpert. He accepted Christ at an early age and joined Palestine United Methodist Church and served there until he moved to Chicago. There he joined Rust […]
Tag Archives | Shumpert
Ask Imogene Armstrong what she would look for in a day care for her children and she is quick to give two honest answers. “Safety and people who care,” said Armstrong. “Safety should be the first concern for anybody looking to leave their children with someone else, even if it’s family or friends. Second, your […]
PARRIS ISLAND, S.C. – Pvt. Christopher Blake Lofton, son of Michelle Malone of Houston and Don Lofton of Mantee, recently completed U.S. Marine Corps basic training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot at Parris Island. His training consisted of marksmanship with an M16A4 rifle and rifle firing qualification, close order drill, martial arts, bivouacs, weapons training, […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Islam and the Crusades February 21, 2015
- Region could see inches of snow today February 25, 2015
- Band Booster seafood fundraiser underway February 25, 2015
- School, business, industry and institution closing February 25, 2015
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...