(Floyd Ingram / Buy at photos.chickasawjournal.com) Gerald Gray tries not to get too close to this white skunk he caught in a trap at his home just north of Houston. Gray said the critter had the black and white marking of a skunk on its face but it’s body was white. He said he had […]
Tag Archives | Shot
(Courtesy Photo) Floyd Ingram IV killed this white squirrel and this normal gray squirrel on property just south of Houston just before Christmas. This male squirrel had black eyes and was marked like a regular gray squirrel except for the blond hair.
DUCK SHOT! (Courtesy Photo) J.D. Hallmark, of Woodland, killed two banded ducks over Christmas break on his first ever duck hunt. Duck hunters say it is rare to kill a banded duck and J.D. got a pair on his first hunt! The ducks were banded in Newton county in September 2014.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) – A Mississippi sheriff’s deputy has been indicted on charges in an April shooting on Beale Street in Memphis. WMC-TV in Memphis reports Pontotoc County Deputy John Logan was indicted by a Shelby County grand jury earlier this month. Logan is charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of […]
HOUSTON – A 15-year-old boy was airlifted from Chickasaw County with a bullet wound to the head following what is believed to be a hunting accident Thursday. Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department Chief Deputy James Myers said the incident occurred about noon off of Enon Road in Eastern Chickasaw County after the youth were wrapping up […]
HOUSTON – A 15-year-old boy was airlifted from Chickasaw County with a bullet wound to the head following what is believed to be a hunting accident Thursday. Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department Chief Deputy James Myers said the incident occurred about noon off of Enon Road in Eastern Chickasaw County after the […]
Garrett Benson shot this 10-point buck recently while hunting in Grenada County with his grandfather, Larry Blanton. This is the first buck killed by the nine-year-old Benson who is the son of Michelle Benson and the late Kalem Benson of Grenada and the grandson of Barry and Sheila Lester of […]
Tristan Nichols of Vardaman got this 8-point buck while hunting Nov. 19 on family-owned land. It was the first kill for the 12-year-old son of Teresa Nichols of Vardaman and Johnny Nichols of Big Creek.
Garrett Smith killed this 7-point deer Nov. 23 on his first shot while hunting with his father. This is the first deer the 5-year-old has bagged. He is the son of Brad and Melissa Smith of Calhoun City and the grandson of Donny Smith of Houston.
HOUSTON – The Mississippi State Department of Health is requiring all incoming seventh grade students to receive a Tdap vaccination before beginning the 2012-13 school year. The decision to make the vaccination required has Mississippi joining 41 other states in the nation who are putting emphasis on protecting children and youth, as well as increasing […]
HOUSTON – Dr. Herman K. Smith will pause on July 4 and remember a different day and a different time and place. “We came ashore on Utah Beach on July 4, 1944,” said Smith a retired dentist from Houston. “It was about a month after D-Day and everything was still torn up and the front […]
HOUSTON – A man has been arrested for allegedly shooting a high-powered rifle into a mobile home and his case will be presented to the next term of the Chickasaw County grand jury. LaMichael Johnson, 20, of Mantee, has been charged by Houston police with aggravated assault after he allegedly discharged an SKS automatic rifle […]
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors April 19, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Voice your vote April 23, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- Hilltoppers eye playoffs April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Presidential politics for 2016 April 26, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation April 25, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...