HOUSTON – Brecker Johnson, 39, pled guilty to the reduced charge of manslaughter and was sentenced as a habitual offender to 20-years with no opportunity for parole by Chickasaw County Circuit Court Judge Robert Elliott Monday. Johnson had initially been charged with the murder of John L. Wofford, who was stabbed at their Woodland residence […]
Tag Archives | Shorty
HOUSTON – Authorities continue to investigate leads and gather evidence in the death of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, but have yet to make an arrest. Bevill was found dead in his 206 Aberdeen Road home of stab wounds on April 15 after relatives had not seen him in two days. “We are getting closer to making […]
HOUSTON – Police and Sheriff’s department investigators continue to interview suspects and gather evidence in the death of Ray Bevill. Preliminary autopsy reports and other evidence has been returned to local law enforcement concerning the death of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, 75, at his home east of town and while authorities have spent more than 10 […]
HOUSTON – Howard Glen White, 84, died Thursday, April 25, 2013. He was born Sept. 14, 1928, in Clay County to Alvie Ardell White and Artie “Kidie” Elizabeth Vaughn White. He was a member of Southside Church of Christ. He was a rural mail carrier. He was the owner and operator of White’s Dept. Store […]
HOUSTON – William Ray Bevill, 76, died Saturday, April 13, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 18, 1936, in Calhoun County to Lonnie and Jeannie Mae Bevill. He was retired from MPI. He was a member of Faith Bible Church in Houston. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Southern Funeral Chapel […]
HOUSTON – Authorities are investigating an apparent murder at a home east of town and are asking the community for help in gathering information. The Houston Police Department was called to the home of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, 75, at 206 Aberdeen Road Monday after friends and family could not get him to come to the […]
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- Houlka Attendance Center engulfed by fire (w/video) July 30, 2014
- Mississippi’s best and brightest July 31, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Fourteen in a row! July 31, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: What I like about Houston July 31, 2014
- Magnolia Fest blooms in Okolona August 1, 2014
- Fall Fun Day seeks volunteers August 1, 2014
- County seeks bids August 1, 2014
- Crime Roundup July 31, 2014
- Lonnie Whitt remembered as man who served. July 31, 2014
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...