Special to the Chickasaw Journal In the spirit of the season we have found the perfect reason to gather friends and family… Together with their parents, Shana Alford Smith and Mykkie Smith request the honor of your presence at the renewing of their marriage vows Saturday May 23, 2015 at four o’clock […]
Tag Archives | Sherman
By JB Clark and Floyd Ingram Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – A warehouse fire Monday night will put a small damper on production at one of United Furniture’s Okolona locations this week. Around 4 p.m. Monday, firefighters responded to the Warren Street location after an employee found what seemed to be a small […]
OKOLONA – The Civil War sweeps through Chickasaw County next week as re-enactors gather at Prairie Mound to dig into history and maybe dig up a little treasure. Event organizers have been making plans for this re-enactment for more than a year and have gotten the community and the site ready for what they hope […]
SHERMAN – Robert Parker, 64, died Thursday Oct. 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was a retired truck driver. He enjoyed fishing and watching NASCAR. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at New Liberty Baptist Church in Vardaman with Bro. Jimmy Vance officiating. Burial will be in […]
SHERMAN – Robert Parker, 64, died Thursday, Oct. 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Kesler Funeral Home in Baldwyn. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at New Trinity Baptist Church in Calhoun City.
RANDOLPH – Sherman Lee “Joe” Swords, 71, died Sunday, Sept. 22, 2013, at home. He was a factory worker, and he enjoyed hunting and fishing. Services will be 11 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc with Bro. Wayne Cobb and Bro. Joey Swords officiating. Burial will be in County Line […]
OKOLONA – Okolona’s race for mayor came down to the wire, with absentee ballots determing the winner in a close contest. At the close of voting, former Mayor Sherman Carouthers led incumbent Mayor Louise Cole, 455-450, but once absentees and affadavits were counted and certified, Cole had retained her seat by a margin of 507-477. […]
- WEDDING: Booth/Schlicht July 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...