OKOLONA – Students at the Okolona Vocational Complex had a course on traffic and automobile safety April 4 thanks to a partnership of the OVC, Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department and members of the Family, Community, Career Leaders of America club. Officer Keith Roberston was the guest speaker for the event and shared statistics on teen […]
Tag Archives | Sheriff’s Department
HOUSTON – Cancer touches everybody’s lives. The American Cancer Society estimates one-in-four people will be diagnosed with some type of cancer during their lifetime and Chickasaw County Relay for Life is asking the community to come to Joe Brignance Park Friday night and help them bring that number down. “If you have not been touched […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Natchez Trace Electric Power Association has received a report of someone calling representing themselves as the EPA and saying if the homeowner does not give them a credit card number and other personal information their electricity will be cut off. A customer who received the call contacted Natchez Trace and told them […]
Law enforcement uses a lot of tools to track down law breakers and one of the most telling and accurate is DNA profiling. Also called DNA testing, DNA typing or genetic fingerprinting – DNA profiling is a technique employed by forensic scientists and law enforcement to assist in the identification of people by their […]
- City Clerk resumes reviewed August 18, 2014
- As I see it August 16, 2014
- Picnic in the Park! August 17, 2014
- A winner never quits! August 17, 2014
- Vardaman’s McClain earns national honor August 17, 2014
- Pugh earns WBC scholarship August 20, 2014
- Color For A Cause seeks runners August 20, 2014
- Sweet potato field day planned for Aug. 20 August 19, 2014
- Aldermen discuss street worker pay August 19, 2014
- CDF lands Carl Small Town Center help August 19, 2014
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...