SHANNON – Dorothy White died Sunday, March 3, 2013, at her home. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona.
Tag Archives | Shannon
High School Scores from Friday, March 1: BASKETBALL MHSAA Tournament 1A Girls H.W. Byers 72, Bogue Chitto 35 Hinds AHS 52, Ashland 47 1A Boys Coldwater 63, Hinds AHS 50 Biggersville 61, West Lincoln 55 2A Girls New Site 71, Amite County 59 2A Boys Baldwyn 50, Williams-Sullivan 45 BASEBALL Lafayette 9, Pontotoc 1 Mooreville […]
TUPELO – Mary Elbert “Sis” Fields, 75, passed away Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, at her home in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 18, 1937, to Elbert “Candy” Fields and Martha Owens Fields. She accepted Christ at an early age and joined Poplar Springs CME Church. She graduated from the Okolona Public Schools and attended Okolona […]
SHANNON – Cecil Wayne Loyd, 76, died Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after an extended illness. He was born in the Pontocola Community on Oct. 3, l936 to Cecil C. Loyd and Addie Pickens Loyd. He moved to Okolona at an early age and attended public schools there and graduated from […]
SHANNON – Katherine Smith Foster, 87, died on Sunday, Dec. 23, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born on June 25, 1925, in Chickasaw County to Edd and Fisher Smith. She attended school at Mary Holmes Junior College in West Point, where she graduated from high school. She married George Foster on […]
- Fewer snowflakes this Christmas November 17, 2014
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Helping Hands of Houlka November 21, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Trustees, judges on ballot November 24, 2014
- Chieftains to stand tall on court November 24, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...