By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal OXFORD – A former high school softball coach will spend the next three years in prison after pleading guilty Thursday. Billy Joe Dill, 36, pleaded guilty to the enticement of a child. He was sentenced to 10 years, but the judge suspended seven years. He will also have to […]
Tag Archives | Sexual Battery
OXFORD – A former high school softball coach will spend the next three years in prison after pleading guilty Thursday. Billy Joe Dill, 36, pleaded guilty to the enticement of a child. He was sentenced to 10 years, but the judge suspended seven years. He will also have to serve five years probation and he […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A Houston teacher’s assistant has been charged with sexual battery of a high school student following a probable cause hearing on Wednesday. George French, 22, , of Houston, and a Houston Middle School teacher’s assistant, was brought before Circuit Court Judge Kelly Luther for a probable cause […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A local man has has been arrested and charged with sexual battery of a vulnerable person, following an investigation by prosecutors for the Mississippi Attorney General. A press release from Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood last week said Alshunte Bowen, of Houston, turned himself in to authorities Thursday […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal PITTSBORO – A Vardaman coach was formally charged and arrested Wednesday morning after allegations of inappropriate contact with a student were reported last week to authorities. Billy Joe Dill, Jr., 36, a softball coach at Vardaman High School, was charged with fondling, sexual battery and enticement of a child in […]
CALHOUN COUNTY — The Calhoun County Sheriff’s Department has arrested a Raymond man on sexual abuse of a child charges and he is currently in the Calhoun County Jail under $500,000 bond. Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan, said Troy Stewart, 39, of Raymond, was arrested Wednesday on five counts of sexual battery of a […]
OKOLONA – The October term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court saw the docket swell from 73 cases in July to 105 this month in Okolona, with judges disposing of 25 cases. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth accepted 18 guilty pleas, retired five cases to the files, dismissed one case […]
OKOLONA – The October term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court has seen the docket swell from 73 cases in July to 105 this month in Okolona. Most of the new cases involve a number of appeals from Justice Court with the majority of those being Driving Under the Influence cases. There are 12 DUI appeals […]
OKOLONA – The July term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court has 73 cases set and drug related cases dominating the docket. The two week term opened on July 15 and continues through Friday, July 26, at the Chickasaw County Courtroom in Okolona. The docket saw 32 drug-related cases set for this term, down from the […]
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...