By Jack Elliott Jr. Associated Press JACKSON – A lawsuit filed against the Mississippi Department of Corrections targets the integrity of drugs used to execute inmates. The suit was filed Friday in Hinds County Chancery Court by the MacArthur Justice Center on behalf of death row inmates Michelle Byrom and Charles Ray Crawford. MacArthur attorney […]
Tag Archives | Sentence
OKOLONA – The February term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court saw judges dispose of 15 cases and revoke probation on four individuals sentenced in previous court appearances. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth accepted nine guilty pleas and brought five people back before them on contempt of court charges for […]
OXFORD – The first two in a group of nine North Mississippians charged in a regional cocaine conspiracy were sentenced in federal court Thursday. Yulande Scott, 34, of Tupelo, and Demetrius Babbit, 36, were sentenced before Chief judge Michael P. Mills in the Northern District Court of Mississippi in Oxford. Babbit, who entered a guilty […]
HOUSTON – Guilty pleas and sentences were entered in 15 cases heard in Chickasaw County Circuit Court May 6-10. The docket saw 36 drug-related cases set for this term with alleged crimes of burglary or larceny/embezzlement ranking second with seven cases each. The court calendar also lists six sex-related charges and five alleged crimes of […]
HOUSTON – Drug charges took up just under half of the 91 cases in Chickasaw County Circuit Court earlier this month. The docket saw 44 drug-related cases set for this term with alleged crimes of theft, burglary or embezzlement ranking second with eight cases. The court calendar also lists eight sex-related charges and seven alleged […]
PONTOTOC – An Oxford man notoriously pardoned by Gov. Haley Barbour as he left office in 2012 pleaded guilty today to the DUI-death of an Okolona woman. Harry Russ Bostick, 57, admitted in circuit court in Pontotoc County that he was under the influence of alcohol when his Ford truck struck the car of Charity […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- Parents urged to immunize September 9, 2014
- Rewarding excellence in education September 12, 2014
- Topper Zone grand opening September 13, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: Prepared for education anywhere September 13, 2014
- ICC Adult Learner scholars September 16, 2014
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...