Tag Archives | Sentence
By Jack Elliott Jr. Associated Press JACKSON – A lawsuit filed against the Mississippi Department of Corrections targets the integrity of drugs used to execute inmates. The suit was filed Friday in Hinds County Chancery Court by the MacArthur Justice Center on behalf of death row inmates Michelle Byrom and Charles Ray Crawford. MacArthur attorney […]
OKOLONA – The February term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court saw judges dispose of 15 cases and revoke probation on four individuals sentenced in previous court appearances. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth accepted nine guilty pleas and brought five people back before them on contempt of court charges for […]
OXFORD – The first two in a group of nine North Mississippians charged in a regional cocaine conspiracy were sentenced in federal court Thursday. Yulande Scott, 34, of Tupelo, and Demetrius Babbit, 36, were sentenced before Chief judge Michael P. Mills in the Northern District Court of Mississippi in Oxford. Babbit, who entered a guilty […]
HOUSTON – Guilty pleas and sentences were entered in 15 cases heard in Chickasaw County Circuit Court May 6-10. The docket saw 36 drug-related cases set for this term with alleged crimes of burglary or larceny/embezzlement ranking second with seven cases each. The court calendar also lists six sex-related charges and five alleged crimes of […]
HOUSTON – Drug charges took up just under half of the 91 cases in Chickasaw County Circuit Court earlier this month. The docket saw 44 drug-related cases set for this term with alleged crimes of theft, burglary or embezzlement ranking second with eight cases. The court calendar also lists eight sex-related charges and seven alleged […]
PONTOTOC – An Oxford man notoriously pardoned by Gov. Haley Barbour as he left office in 2012 pleaded guilty today to the DUI-death of an Okolona woman. Harry Russ Bostick, 57, admitted in circuit court in Pontotoc County that he was under the influence of alcohol when his Ford truck struck the car of Charity […]
- WEDDING: Booth/Schlicht July 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...