By Jack Elliott Jr. Associated Press JACKSON – A lawsuit filed against the Mississippi Department of Corrections targets the integrity of drugs used to execute inmates. The suit was filed Friday in Hinds County Chancery Court by the MacArthur Justice Center on behalf of death row inmates Michelle Byrom and Charles Ray Crawford. MacArthur attorney […]
Tag Archives | Sentence
OKOLONA – The February term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court saw judges dispose of 15 cases and revoke probation on four individuals sentenced in previous court appearances. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth accepted nine guilty pleas and brought five people back before them on contempt of court charges for […]
OXFORD – The first two in a group of nine North Mississippians charged in a regional cocaine conspiracy were sentenced in federal court Thursday. Yulande Scott, 34, of Tupelo, and Demetrius Babbit, 36, were sentenced before Chief judge Michael P. Mills in the Northern District Court of Mississippi in Oxford. Babbit, who entered a guilty […]
HOUSTON – Guilty pleas and sentences were entered in 15 cases heard in Chickasaw County Circuit Court May 6-10. The docket saw 36 drug-related cases set for this term with alleged crimes of burglary or larceny/embezzlement ranking second with seven cases each. The court calendar also lists six sex-related charges and five alleged crimes of […]
HOUSTON – Drug charges took up just under half of the 91 cases in Chickasaw County Circuit Court earlier this month. The docket saw 44 drug-related cases set for this term with alleged crimes of theft, burglary or embezzlement ranking second with eight cases. The court calendar also lists eight sex-related charges and seven alleged […]
PONTOTOC – An Oxford man notoriously pardoned by Gov. Haley Barbour as he left office in 2012 pleaded guilty today to the DUI-death of an Okolona woman. Harry Russ Bostick, 57, admitted in circuit court in Pontotoc County that he was under the influence of alcohol when his Ford truck struck the car of Charity […]
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- Houston clicks on all cylinders October 23, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: New math isn’t new October 18, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...