By Jack Elliott Jr. Associated Press JACKSON – A lawsuit filed against the Mississippi Department of Corrections targets the integrity of drugs used to execute inmates. The suit was filed Friday in Hinds County Chancery Court by the MacArthur Justice Center on behalf of death row inmates Michelle Byrom and Charles Ray Crawford. MacArthur attorney […]
Tag Archives | Sentence
OKOLONA – The February term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court saw judges dispose of 15 cases and revoke probation on four individuals sentenced in previous court appearances. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth accepted nine guilty pleas and brought five people back before them on contempt of court charges for […]
OXFORD – The first two in a group of nine North Mississippians charged in a regional cocaine conspiracy were sentenced in federal court Thursday. Yulande Scott, 34, of Tupelo, and Demetrius Babbit, 36, were sentenced before Chief judge Michael P. Mills in the Northern District Court of Mississippi in Oxford. Babbit, who entered a guilty […]
HOUSTON – Guilty pleas and sentences were entered in 15 cases heard in Chickasaw County Circuit Court May 6-10. The docket saw 36 drug-related cases set for this term with alleged crimes of burglary or larceny/embezzlement ranking second with seven cases each. The court calendar also lists six sex-related charges and five alleged crimes of […]
HOUSTON – Drug charges took up just under half of the 91 cases in Chickasaw County Circuit Court earlier this month. The docket saw 44 drug-related cases set for this term with alleged crimes of theft, burglary or embezzlement ranking second with eight cases. The court calendar also lists eight sex-related charges and seven alleged […]
PONTOTOC – An Oxford man notoriously pardoned by Gov. Haley Barbour as he left office in 2012 pleaded guilty today to the DUI-death of an Okolona woman. Harry Russ Bostick, 57, admitted in circuit court in Pontotoc County that he was under the influence of alcohol when his Ford truck struck the car of Charity […]
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation January 28, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...