Okolona High School will host its annual College Goal Sunday financial aid event on Feb.15. The program will begin at 9 a.m. College Goal Sun is a non-profit program that provides free info and assistance to college-bound students and their families applying for financial assist through the FAFSA Program. On-site financial aid experts will be […]
Tag Archives | Senior
HOUSTON – Older workers can be better workers and a new program for the area is seeking to place those 55 and older in local jobs. Experience Works is taking applications for jobs in Chickasaw, Calhoun, Clay, Monroe and Webster counties from qualified workers. In this difficult economy, many older Mississippians are finding it necessary […]
PONTOTOC – Macie Elaine Atkinson, 17, died Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, in an automobile accident in Pontotoc. She was a member of Harrisburg Baptist Church in Tupelo and worked at Spud’s in Pontotoc. She was a senior at Pontotoc High School. She enjoyed painting and spending time with her friends. Services will be 2 p.m. […]
David Helms Pontotoc Progress PONTOTOC COUNTY — Law enforcement officials are investigating a one car accident early Tuesday Dec. 3 morning which claimed the life of a Pontotoc High School senior girl. Authorities said that senior Macie Atkinson, 17, was killed when the car she was driving ran off of Highway 336 and struck […]
Anyone who has grown up in the sultry South knows this time of year. It’s those hot, humid, not-a-hint-of-breeze, lazy days of summer. The summer work frenzy is over, we’ve taken our vacation and it’s just too hot to start any major new projects. The fish don’t bite, it’s not the season to hunt, a […]
OHS seniors complete semester projects OKOLONA – For seniors at Okolona High School, the last semester of school was no time to slack off in Ms. Genevieve Turkett’s class. Turkett, in her first year at OHS, assigned a semester-long senior project and students showed off their creations and the results of their reserach May 8 […]
By Lisa Voyles and Lisa Bryant Chickasaw Journal PHEBA – “God has a plan for us all,” said Chloe Tapley as she addressed her classmates at Hebron Christian School one last time. Tapley served as Valedictorian for the Class of 2013 during graduation ceremonies held May 10 at the school in Pheba. she reminded […]
The mission at Mugs on Main is to bring community together and if they can sell a cup of coffee and a cookie along the way, that’s great. Mugs on Main opened at the front of Excel Common’s senior adult center a little over a year ago as a venue for older residents of Okolona […]
From spring sports to state testing, time is about to fly! Just a few days ago one of my teachers said, “Okay, everyone pull out your group assignments from August.”. Not only had I thrown mine away, but I was shocked by how fast time has flown. It seems like just yesterday we were all […]
- Houston Solar Race team out in front July 23, 2014
- Gates signs with Northeast July 26, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it July 26, 2014
- Fire Academy July 27, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Houlka Attendance Center engulfed by fire (w/video) July 30, 2014
- Area school dress code policies July 30, 2014
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- Required Vaccinations July 29, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...