CHICKASAW COUNTY – Voters will head to the polls the first Tuesday in November to elect their Senator, Representative, judges and school board trustees. All ballots will have voting for federal posts of U.S. Senator and U.S. Representative, Mississippi Court of Appeals, Chancery Judge and Circuit Court Judge in addition to school board positions in […]
Tag Archives | Senator
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON — State. Sen. Chris McDaniel of Ellisville, who narrowly lost Tuesday in the Republican primary runoff in his bid to upend incumbent Thad Cochran indicated late Wednesday he still is not conceding. “In the coming days, our team will look into the irregularities to determine whether a […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – While a record number of Mississippians turned out for the June 3 Republican primary to vote for either incumbent U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran or challenger Chris McDaniel of Ellisville, that doesn’t necessarily mean there was intense interest in the race statewide. There was in McDaniel’s home […]
By David Espo and Emily Wagster Pettus Associated Press JACKSON – Forced into a Mississippi runoff, challenger Chris McDaniel and veteran Sen. Thad Cochran plunged into a three-week campaign Wednesday to pick a Republican candidate for the fall and settle the tea party’s last, best attempt of the year to topple a pillar of the […]
TUPELO – Movers and shakers from around Northeast Mississippi heard the latest trends in education, economic development and tourism at the 18th Annual State of the Region meeting at the BancorpSouth Conference Center. Chickasaw County was well represented with the local delegation of more than a dozen hearing State Superintendent of Education Carey Wright stress […]
HOUSTON – Thomas Jefferson was the author of the Declaration of Independence, President of the United States, champion for education as the strength of democracy and advocate for a free press and freedom of religion. He also had a spirit of excellence, entrepreneurship, leadership and a heart to give back to America. It is for […]
CHICKSAW COUNTY – A bill to consolidate Chickasaw County Schools in Houlka and Okolona schools was killed in committee in the Mississippi Legislature this month, but the idea, which popped up last year, is far from dead. Mississippi lawmakers were asked to consider administrative school consolidations in several counties this session. The bill affecting […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Four Northeast Mississippi school districts would be consolidated under legislation proposed by Rep. Brad Mayo, R-Oxford. Amory and Aberdeen would be merged, while the Okolona and Chickasaw County districts would be consolidated in Mayo’s proposal, which consolidates 21 districts into 11. He conceded Tuesday the […]
Jolly honored by Farm Bureau Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Sen. Russell Jolly of Houston is the Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation’s 2013 Friend of Agriculture for the Mississippi Senate. The presentation was made during the organization’s annual meeting in December. Sen. Jolly represents Dist. 8, consisting of Chickasaw, Calhoun, Grenada and […]
- Schools announce Wednesday closings February 25, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- Happy Birthday Miss Zula March 1, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- Bats go cold in Bulldogs’ first loss March 4, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...