By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Every offseason since 2009, Dan Mullen has heard his name associated with just about every major college coaching vacancy. It has become something of a tradition for Mullen to see where he is going to land next. There was Michigan, Penn State, Minnesota, Colorado and Southern Cal along […]
Tag Archives | SEC
By Parrish Alford Daily Journal OXFORD – Yahoo Sports reported Friday that Ole Miss has received a notice of allegations from the NCAA and will be formally charged for violations across three sports, including football. A Daily Journal source has confirmed the receipt of the letter. Violations are also alleged in women’s basketball – dating […]
By Kyle Niblett Special to the Chickasaw Journal STARKVILLE – Mississippi State was ranked No. 11 in Collegiate Baseball’s 2016 preseason poll, the publication announced Monday. The Diamond Dawgs are coming off the most impressive summer in school history, where eight of its 16 returning players who competed in summer league action earned all-star […]
STARKVILLE – Preseason accolades continue to pile up for Mississippi State football defensive lineman Chris Jones, with the two-year letterman and Houston native named to the watch list for the Nagurski Trophy and the Outland Trophy. The Football Writers Association of America announced Friday that Jones and defensive back Will Redmond were on the […]
By Brandon Speck Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Denver McQuary walks with a certain swagger to his blooming football and baseball career. The Houston senior football safety and baseball shortstop projects a certain arrogance. Not cocky, but confident. And why shouldn’t he be? On the football field, he has 25 career interceptions, […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Ben Howland had been waiting on the right time and place to make his return to coaching. Two years removed from leading UCLA to a Pac-12 Conference title and his 10th trip to the NCAA Tournament, Howland decided that opportunity was at Mississippi State. Howland was introduced as […]
Football may be the game of the week but the Southeastern Conference managed to work in some hoops news recently with the release of the men’s basketball league schedule. Ole Miss will begin conference play on the road for the 13th time in the last 17 years as the Rebels travel to Kentucky on Jan. […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal HOOVER, Ala. – For Chris Jones, a bumpy recruiting road stabilized rather quickly once it ended in Starkville. Maybe the country’s hottest topic leading up to Mississippi State’s 2013 recruiting class, Jones emphatically put all the drama behind him as soon as the first collegiate ball of his career kicked […]
By David Brandt AP Sports Writer STARKVILLE – As a freshman, Chris Jones was arguably Mississippi State’s best defensive football player. The scary part for opponents is he didn’t really know what he was doing. The 6-foot-5, 300-pound defensive tackle from nearby Houston used his sheer talent to finish with 32 tackles, including seven tackles […]
- Houston to craft no-smoking ordinance May 17, 2016
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...