CALHOUN CITY – Mavis Nell Hood Orr, 79, died Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. She was born June 4, 1934, in Webster County. She was a seamstress, a lifelong animal guardian and a member of Southern Grace Baptist Church in Calhoun City. Services will be at 11 […]
Tag Archives | seamstress
PITTSBORO – Ruby Kay Romero, 69, died Thursday, Oct. 31, 2013, at Joy Health Center in Cleveland. She was born Aug. 3, 1944, to Rube E. Cleveland and Beatrice McDonald Cleveland in Calhoun County. She was a factory seamstress and a member of Church of God of Prohecy. Services will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday, […]
OKOLONA – Judy Ann Lambert, 65, passed away at her home Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2013, surrounded by her family and loved ones after a brief illness. She was born March 26, 1948, in Collinwood, Tenn., to Leo and Grace Daniel. Judy married Charles Lambert, March 5, 1965, and they shared 47 happy years together. She […]
WEST POINT – Marie Martin, 96, died Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013, at her home. She was born on Dec. 18, 1916 in Marietta to Henry Edwards Mills and Oma Lee Evans. She was a retired instructor seamstress for Franklin Furniture and a Baptist. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Southern Funeral Home […]
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...