CHICKASAW COUNTY – Scott and Pam Samuell have seen what addiction is doing to people in their community. “We have seen so many people in Chickasaw County with problems and they just don’t know how to handle them or who to turn to,” said Scott Samuell, pastor of Pearson Chapel Church of the Nazarene. “That’s […]
Tag Archives | Scott
HOUSTON – Ashley Bass is confined to a wheel chair, but her art knows no bounds. “My art allows me to express myself,” said said Bass. “A lot of people like my art and I can’t tell you how important that is when they look at one of my paintings, smile and tell me […]
HOUSTON – The Houston PLUS Civitan Club hosted an installation service for new officers last week and used the event to highlight past accomplishments of their first year. Civitans came to Houston last summer to help develop a club and the Houston PLUS Civitan Club held its chartering service on Sept. 25, 2012 at the […]
SAN DIEGO – Sidney “Top” Scott Williams, 92, died Friday, Sept. 3, 2013 in Poway, Calif. Sidney was born in Houston to John Clifton and Lenora Holleman Williams on June 14, 1921. He was a Houston High School Class of 1940 graduate. Although he moved away in 1941, he always held a special place in […]
From staff reports HOUSTON – As the newest civic club formed in Houston, the Civitan PLUS Club didn’t hesitate to get involved in the community. The club chartered in September 2012 and took over sponsorship of the annual Houston Christmas parade in December. “We are so proud to be hosting this event,” said Scott Murphree […]
HOUSTON – The Hilltoppers are on their way to becoming known as the “heart-attack kids,” going three games with Amory to advance in playoffs and splitting games with Lewisburg to force another third game showdown. “These kids are trying to make me get out of coaching or have a heart attack or something,” joked Coach […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal HOUSTON – The deciding game of this series better have something good in store. Because Saturday’s game offered plenty. Houston beat Amory 3-2 in nine innings to force a third and deciding game in the Class 4A first round baseball series. Game 3 is scheduled for Monday at 6 […]
by Brandon Speck NEMS Daily Journal It is technically the first round of the 2013 MHSAA state baseball playoffs, but Amory and Houston probably feel like they’re prepping for a North finals series. The two 4A contenders will play a best-of-three series beginning tonight in Amory to determine who goes on and who goes […]
HOUSTON – The community gathered last week to salute economic development and honor those who are playing a roll in Houston’s success. The Chickasaw Development Foundation presented awards to local businesses, organizations and individuals at their annual banquet at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center Thursday night. Longtime community cheerleader and community advocate […]
MANTEE – Bobby G. Scott, 64, died Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013, at his home in Mantee. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Oliver Funeral Home Chapel in Eupora. Burial will be in Crossroads Cemetery in Webster County. Visitation will be from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
by Errol Castens Daily Journal Oxford Bureau VERONA – Truck farmers and orchardists have the chance for two full days of seminars at the annual North Mississippi Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference and Trade Show, Feb. 14 and 15, at the Lee County Agri-Center. “The program at this meeting is expanding each year as more […]
- Topper Zone grand opening September 13, 2014
- ER closes, clinic opens at Trace September 18, 2014
- Houston running game rolls September 18, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: How about a little change September 18, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- MDWFP BRIEFS: Weapon changes for deer hunters September 20, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...