Special to the Journal Chickasaw County Schools in Houlka and Okolona will be closing early today. Parents are urged to pick up their children immediately. Parents and caregivers are also urged not to call the school as the lines are busy. Houston School are still in session and Houston streets are passable. As of […]
Tag Archives | school closings
By W. Derek Russell Daily Journal TUPELO – “Treacherous travel conditions” were predicted for roads Tuesday in parts of Northeast Mississippi, according to the National Weather Service in Memphis. Marlene Mickelson, a meteorologist with the NWS, said that with Monday’s mixed precipitation, it makes for a big travel nightmare leading into today. “Overnight freezing from […]
Freezing temperatures and precipitation will be moving down over Oxford and Tupelo a little after midnight with a 100 percent chance of rain, according to the National Weather Service. The NWS expects less than a quarter inch of freezing rain and sleet accumulation, but has issued a winter weather advisory for Tishomingo, Prentiss, Pontotoc, Lee, […]
Houston School District decided to not hold classes on Tuesday about 8 p.m. Monday night. The decision was made by the Central Office after looking at local weather forecasts. Students will make up the snow day on President’s Day Feb. 17 which was initially scheduled as a staff development day without students in class. State […]
Houston posted a new record low of 10 degrees on Monday, Jan. 6 beating the old record of 12 degrees set in 1959, The community awoke Tuesday to single digit temperatures and the National Weather Service was collecting data to see if today’s temps also set a record. The NWS said the average high is […]
A cold front that sent freeze warnings all the way to the Mississippi Gulf Coast saw temperatures in Houston climb into the low 20s Monday with the chance of it plunging to 7-degrees tonight. The National Weather Service predicts temperatures will hit at least 10-degrees tonight with 15-mph winds out of the north-northwest sending the […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Islam and the Crusades February 21, 2015
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors February 25, 2015
- Region could see inches of snow today February 25, 2015
- Band Booster seafood fundraiser underway February 25, 2015
- School, business, industry and institution closing February 25, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- Houston ponders community assets February 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...